"Whiteout" coming to theaters…

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics "Whiteout" coming to theaters…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    12tripssouth

Anyone going to see Whiteout? It’s set in Antarctica… based on a comic book I read somewhere, I think in McMurdo, many earth orbits ago.

I may go just to see Kate Benkin-whatever in fur… or less 😉

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Four words…

Gratuitous Hollywood Shower Scene.

MATKATAMIBA

@Sciencetech wrote:

Four words…

Gratuitous Hollywood Shower Scene.

But it’s only two minutes, right?

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Anything longer than 2 minutes would by a polar Hollywood shower. On screen that translates into, oh, 5 seconds at the most.

Put that in a loop on your DVD player.

Been There

I can hardly wait to go see this piece of crap, no I mean masterpiece. Wonder if it will be any better than any of the other great Antarctic movies.

😆 😆

BT

thepooles98
    Keymaster

There were some posts on this earlier. Glenn and I both helped the original screenwriter with details of the script. Unfortunatlly they fired him and the new person apparently rewrote the script. Probably was too believable the first time around.
    M

skua77
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m sure you and the original screenwriter came up with a much more accurate shower scene 🙂

There’s another Antarctic movie coming out, although it may be a bit harder to find: This is a documentary “At the Edge of the World” about the 2006 Sea Shepherd Conservation Society ships battling the Japanese whaling fleet in the Southern Ocean. Here’s a review

http://www.avclub.com/articles/at-the-edge-of-the-world,32202/

and a trailer. It is opening in NYC this week, who knows where else.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO9qLMZj1Y8

The World Premiere of Whiteout is taking place tonight, Saturday Sept 5th, in the South Pole gymnasium, shown on a buncha sheets sewed together and hung on the wall.

This is an OFFICIAL version of the film, apparently, not a bootleg missing special fx. It is being shown there with full permission of NSF and the people who own the film.

Imagine the laughter of Polies in a gym, ringing around the walls, as the filmmakers Get Everything Wrong.

This could be the new The Thing tradition. At least there is a shower scene, and that skinny Kate girl is prettier than whoever stars in that film.

skua77
    Keymaster

Yayy! Colder…that is great news. Hope you all enjoyed the flick!

For the rest of us, here is an interview with “Whiteout” creator Greg Rucka about the making of the movie. Among other things, he notes that a very significant detail of the shower scene was left on the cutting room floor 😉

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/article/0,,6152139,00.html

Been There

If you good folks at Pole have recovered from the World Permiere post a couple reviews.

BT

MATKATAMIBA

Can’t say what the movie will be like, but the promo-line is kind of funny: “See your last breath.”

spidey
    Participant

Saw the commercial on NBC during the NFL kickoff game. That was fun. OPens tomorrow.

MATKATAMIBA

Last time I looked there were 12 reviews on rottentomatos.com and all 12 thought it was bad. I’ve never seen that before – usually SOMEONE likes any movie. So far it has a score of zero tomatoes! LOL I heard from a Polie who said although they appreciated the premier being at the Pole, none of the Polies really liked the movie very much. It seems they take their winter very seriously down there. I’ll go see it anyway of course.

Rottentomatos also has a nice feature running where they review every Antarctic movie ever made – from Happy Feet to Herzog’s documentary.

spidey
    Participant

[attachment=0:2wjkf2yw]Screen Grab 8.jpg[/attachment:2wjkf2yw]
    Its everywhere….

spidey
    Participant

[attachment=0:2jbsn706]Screen Grab 9.jpg[/attachment:2jbsn706]
    The campaign expands…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.