Where in the Antarctic world is Rothera Island?

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Iceboard Archives Life on the Ice Where in the Antarctic world is Rothera Island?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The Brits at Rothera (nothing against the Brits or Rothera) added to Gore’s 🙄 pet project to bring attention to global warming this past week as part of a 7-continent concert. Where or where is Rothera Island…I wonder if Gore can even spell Antarctica 😉

I would love to have been a fly on the wall at the National Science Foundation when Gore’s frontmen approached Public Affairs! You want to do “what” “where”??

momma lion

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Hi ML,

Rothera is the British base on Adelaide Island, toward the south end of the Antarctic Peninsula (west side).

Since it was a British gig I would be surprised if the NSF was involved. Actually I was disappointed that they didn’t have a South Pole or McMurdo band playing…
    😉

g

Anonymous

ML

You’ve got your answer about Rothera. Regarding Al Gore, he can certainly spell Antarctica and he has indeed been there. I’m afraid you’re letting your prejudice get in the way of your common sense.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

limited bandwidth at Mcmurdo would probably have meant there is not much of a chance of broadcasting a live band concert. With no airflights in or out at this time of year, they would not have been able to mail anything as well. So leave it to the brits.
    M

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Life on the Ice’ is closed to new topics and replies.