Staying "in the system" once the contract changes?

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics Staying "in the system" once the contract changes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone,

Maybe no one knows exactly how this is going to work, but I know some of you were around 10 or 11 years ago when Raytheon took over. I am wondering how easy it will be to stay in the system as a returnee to the ice if I skip this summer season and return in 2011? There will be a new contractor, I know, and I don’t know how seamless the transition will be. Also, I was a NANA employee, so I am another step removed. I am scared that I will lessen my advantage as someone who already had ice time if I wait to reapply with the new contractor. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Nikki

AGE Dave

Nikki,

I agree with Glenn….even if you take this season (2010-2011) off, there will be most of the “old” crew still running the operation under a new contract. I would guess that most of the hiring by a new contractor will be actually conducted by former RPSC folks. Your previous ice time is always a plus in rehiring.

Remember, Raytheon inherited most of the actual work force from ASA and slowly changed things over the next few years ….well that is another story….

None of us really have any idea how the system will work next year…..but if it is anything like the past, former ice workers will always be getting the first shot at a job slot.

Good luck!

David

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. That makes me feel much better about my options!

Nikki

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.