spidey’s what about list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    spidey
    Participant

So as I put together my mental Mcmurdo map, its starting to seem that the sea side of 155 opens onto a courtyard if you want to call it that that leads out to the medicial facility, the bars, the exercise building, and then just beyond that, the Crary lab.
    For most people (fulies and transportation staff excuded), is it safe to say that this area is all most people need to navigate with the possible exception of heading over to the chalet?
    Thanks!
    -Spidey

thepooles98
    Keymaster

As you face the sea from B155 you are looking down the main street if you will. In front of you is the exercise gym, with Southern Exposure the bar just to the left. This would be one of the courtyards. Behind the gym is the Chalet, behind that is the building with the bowling alley (collapsing) and behind that is the Chapel.

Facing the ocean but to the left of B155 is Medical and beyond that is the firehouse.

Facing the ocean but to the right of b155 are most of the dorms and beyond that is winter quarters bay and the ice pier.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

yeah like I said, Coffee house.

Believe what I mean to write, not what is actually written.

Thanks Rox

spidey
    Participant

So how much of a pain is the Crary card lock system? Can you operate it with mittens on?
    Is it always locked, or just outside normal hours?
    -Spidey

Been There

The outside doors at Crary are unlocked during normal working hours. The lab and office doors inside require a key card 7/24. The majority of the outside doors have a vestible entry way and the key card locks are on the inside door so it’s not a problem.

BT

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

I can’t count the number of times I forgot my cardkey (usually left it inside the lab) and got locked out.

That is, until I saw how to get in and out easily, anytime of the day or night without a cardkey…

Been There

ScienceTech,

Get a string and make a loop. Punch a hole in the card. Put the card on the string and tie the string around your neck. ๐Ÿ˜€ Simple, even for beakers! ๐Ÿ˜€

BT

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Beakers are very ingenious. Even quasi-beakers like me. :mrgreen:

I did the string thing and still managed to lock myself out on a regular basis. It was usually a case of putting the cardkey in a coat pocket after using it, and then going to dinner sans coat. Dammit!

Been There

It’s tough when you mother isn’t there to help you get dressed! ๐Ÿ˜†

I got lots of stories about beakers….it’s a wonder some of them could find the lab.

BT

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.