SP Packers fans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    spidey
    Participant

So my wife just forwarded me an image from the Green Bay Packer’s fan page of two guys holding up a Packers flag in front of the South Pole sign.
    Any idea who those two might be? A younger guy and a guy with a pale beard and a red hat with a W on it.

skua77
    Keymaster

@spidey wrote:

So my wife just forwarded me an image from the Green Bay Packer’s fan page of two guys holding up a Packers flag in front of the South Pole sign.
    Any idea who those two might be? A younger guy and a guy with a pale beard and a red hat with a W on it.

Hmmm, well, it was just posted on Facebook today, but it’s a couple of years old. The Pole marker in front of the flag was there from January through December 2010. Actually I might have an idea about one of the guys but I’m not sure enough to guess. Anyone else have an idea?

http://www.southpolestation.com/oaes/poliecheeseheads.jpg

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Parka, Beard, Sunglasses, hat. it could be any two of hundreds. I don’t recognize them, but I was only in MCM.

Iceman

Maybe they were involved with IceCube, since the University of Wisconsin was the lead institute of that project. Although there were plenty of Wisconsinites in the USAP before the IceCube project and there will undoubtedly be many more in the future.

skua77
    Keymaster

The guy on the right is Ron Smith, not who I thought it might be. He’s at Pole now, but he doesn’t remember the name of the other person, who was only there for the summer…

Maxitrillion

The other one was a firefighter during the 10-11 season, Chris Giorgiani…

skua77
    Keymaster

@Maxitrillion wrote:

The other one was a firefighter during the 10-11 season, Chris Giorgiani…

Thanks, Maxi….!

spidey
    Participant

Awesome! Though the Mrs. thinks its scary.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.