South Pole Pictures

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MATKATAMIBA

For all you Polies and would-be Polies, I have posted some pictures of the Station taken during winter 2010. Mostly they are work-horse pictures with no great art involved, but they give a lot of views of the station’s interior and exterior, and chronicle daily work that you don’t normally get to see because it isn’t photogenic activity. They may not be the most interesting pictures you have ever seen, but I remember I was looking for every picture I could find before I was deployed, and many were way out of date. At least these are current!

Go to flickr and search for “South Pole 2010”. On flickr I am called instarx. I have lots more pictures I will post over the next few weeks.

Just a note – I noticed that a lot of people on flickr label their pictures “South Pole” when they were actually taken at McMurdo!

James

PS: I just noticed they appear to be in random order. I will also try to sort them soon so they make more sense.

cher99840

Thanks for posting those pix. Not only was it good to see a glimpse of ordinary life at the pole during the winter, but I learned a couple of things like oiling eggs to make them last longer and that the light from the windows would interfere with astronomy….Really great Aurora pix too.

spidey
    Participant

Yes indeed! Thanks for the pictures. They are a nice look into the day to day that is hard to find.
    I really enjoyed them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.