Smoking on the Ice…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i recently came to the netherlands for a work related trip and i was wondering if canibus was legal in antarticaʔ are cigerettesʔ are there drug lawsʔ

Anonymous

i plan to take my own woman with me to antartica. i also think that if you do things right, you can take anything with you to the ice.

Anonymous

while there may not be many women here, there are women. i think that this year has one of the lowest populations with around 25%. (i cannot remember the exact percentage right now.) however i do remember that the last time i was here we had the highest with 38%. we even have rowdy ladies nights and womenʹs belly dance classes.we do existǃ honest. <ǃ-- s:) -->ʹʹ:)ʹʹ<ǃ-- s:) -->

Anonymous

antarctica is still off-limits to corporations or individuals who want to exploit the resourses down here. i think that as long as you are a citizen of an antarctic treaty signatory country then you are bound by the treaty laws and rules. the problem is that if you manage to come down on your own and open a mine or shoot the wildlife, there probably wonʹt be anyone around to arrest you.

Anonymous

no guns. thankfully.these rules only apply to places where there are people. if youʹre tough and smart enough to get to antarctica on your own, you could bring whatever you like. the adventure and freedom are still there, but to experience it you have to be completely self-reliant. itʹs a fair trade. @pittsburgh penguin wrote:

the only thing is women, not like you can import a russian bride.

ah, now thatʹs another storyǃ hee-hee…

Anonymous

canibis is illegal at all three us bases. technically they are federal property and the nsf resident manager is a temporary us marshall with all the powers to arrest.

Anonymous

thanks guys. i wonder if firearms are permitted eitherʔ not that iʹm planning to go smoke and shoot up the ice. itʹs just interesting to me that tha last free contident has rules. if i ever lost my job and i had nothing going for me, iʹd like to try a year on the contident. the only thing is women, not like you can import a russian bride.

Anonymous

@mike in mcmurdo wrote:

new zealand can be very strict about smuggling. not only drugs but also agricultural materials. they are a small country with a lot invested in small farms, especially organic. they are very worried about plant diseases and pests being brought in from overseas. get caught with an apple in your pocket and itʹs an instant 200 dollar fine. in addition to the drug dog there is the food dog. if either one of them sits down next to you, you are in trouble. a couple of years ago one of my co-workers had the drug dog sit next to him.he was part of a group of ice people passing through on their way here. he was detained, everyone else passed through. we never saw him again. for all i know he is still in jail in nz. does anyone know if nz holds people in jail there, or deports them to the usʔ

yikes, it sounds like nz may be like tj, mexicoǃ hope heʹs ok. <ǃ-- s:shock: -->ʹʹ:shock:ʹʹ<ǃ-- s:shock: -->

Anonymous

answering the easiest one first, cigarettes are legal in antarctica, and are sold in most of the stores. the us bases have a smoke outside or in a few designated inside areas.is canabis legal in antarcticaʔ thatʹs harder to answer. to the best of my knowledge there are no laws preventing you from having canabis in antarctica. but unless you came on your own boat or plane, you would have to pass through countries where canabis is illegal, and you are unlikely to get through security. in new zealand there is a drug dog as you are changing into you cold weather gear and as you wait for the plane to the ice.and even if you got canabis to antarctica, if you were working for raytheon, if you were caught you would be fired for having it. so, i think its not illegal according to antarctic law, but there are other problems with having it or getting it there.besides, why smoke when you can drink to your heartʹs contentʔ

Anonymous

new zealand can be very strict about smuggling. not only drugs but also agricultural materials. they are a small country with a lot invested in small farms, especially organic. they are very worried about plant diseases and pests being brought in from overseas. get caught with an apple in your pocket and itʹs an instant 200 dollar fine. in addition to the drug dog there is the food dog. if either one of them sits down next to you, you are in trouble. a couple of years ago one of my co-workers had the drug dog sit next to him.he was part of a group of ice people passing through on their way here. he was detained, everyone else passed through. we never saw him again. for all i know he is still in jail in nz. does anyone know if nz holds people in jail there, or deports them to the usʔ

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Iceboard Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.