RPSC declines contract extension….

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics RPSC declines contract extension….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    m0loch
    Keymaster

….and is handing over operations to XE services (formerly Blackwater Security)

spidey
    Participant

I heard that all operations were being turned over to NANA and that each employee would be issued both a mop and a chef’s hat along with their standard cold weather gear

Iceman

Everybody is going to both a DA and GA in addition to their normal job. Hey we do it Palmer all year round, with House Mouse (cleaning the station) and GASH (Galley and Scullery Help) might as well take in Continent wide and scale it up with Pole and MacTown!!!

MATKATAMIBA

@Iceman wrote:

Everybody is going to both a DA and GA in addition to their normal job. Hey we do it Palmer all year round, with House Mouse (cleaning the station) and GASH (Galley and Scullery Help) might as well take in Continent wide and scale it up with Pole and MacTown!!!

Hey! I did House Mouse and Dish Pit all winter last year at Pole. Do you mean I wasn’t supposed to!!?

But you had me until I got to “Blackwater”, mOloch! LOL

m0loch
    Keymaster

and happy April Fools to you and yours

Iceman

@MATKATAMIBA wrote:

Hey! I did House Mouse and Dish Pit all winter last year at Pole. Do you mean I wasn’t supposed to!!?

I know Pole does that during the winter, except at Palmer we get to do it all year round and you be surprised how many scientists, especially PIs, hate doing it.

linglinrtw

hahha.. Happy April Fools. A good one! I was like what when I read the first post.. hahahahhahah

thepooles98
    Keymaster

I admit it. He got me. I went online to look for more never realizing it was an april fools joke. Good one Will.

skua77
    Keymaster

Lots of good jokes went around, I fell for at least one of them (ATLAS 😀 )

On a serious note, I went back to look and see when LAST year’s contract extension was formally signed…turns out it was 25 March 2010.

And then, it turns out, the current extension WAS formally awarded on…31 March…and publicly announced at 6:32 PM on… 1 April 2011. No fooling.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=0ea0ce60f4d969f2cb1b7f98ee755c70&tab=core&_cview=0

m0loch
    Keymaster

That’s a bit of a bummer, Bill, as I’m sitting here wanting to burn the bridge between myself and Ray*….guess I won’t

Been There

Don’t worry about long term employment with RPSC….but assuming you are interested in working in the program in the future it would be wise to not do anything that you might regret in the future. 😀

BT

FoCoTechie

Yeah, I was fooled for a second there because I’m now just returning home and reading this… good one!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.