Recent Hires/PQ'ers—how were you notified?

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics Recent Hires/PQ'ers—how were you notified?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Baghdad Jim

Did you get a phone call?  email?  or did the PQ and offer letter just show up in the mail one day? 

I was reading some old threads here and on the other board too, and some people seem to have found out simply by the medical packet showing up in the mail—or an offer letter.  I’m about to drop a line and ask them about that but for now, did any of you get email notification first? 

This would really suck if not—my perm addy goes to the other side of the globe where mail has been known to sit for a year before getting forwarded.

MightyAtlas

Yo, Jim —

This year, for me, they sent an offer letter, along with requests for a copy of my DL and passport, and a drug-screen kit.

A couple of weeks after that, they sent the packet from Medical.  Then the fun begins.  Set aside an evening for filling out paperwork.

If you have a contact at RPSC, e-mail them regularly.  Persistence does pay-off.  They’ll answer you just to get you to shut-up.  Don’t be mean, or get angry, just check-in regularly, and ask if there’s anything you need to do.

Patience is a virtue…and a damn good skill to have.

Later.

a

will
    Keymaster

Hello Jim,
    I am a first year hire, hopefully going into the DA program. After my interview and references were cleared I got a call from the person who interviewed me. She said I would get my packet and offer letter in a few weeks. She then went on to give me follow up phone numbers for each portion of the PQ process. I don’t know if she’s just really thorough, or if all new hirees get this much help. It turned it out to be a welcome walk through, as you do want to make sure everything is going through. I read some of your other posts but I forgot if they said if you’ve already been offerred a job. If you have email me at razbry_tea@yahoo.com. I would be able to tell you more through that. I highly recommend trying to call someone though. I thought things were going smooth until I found out something had gone missing. I would have never known if I hadn’t called someone on my list. Also, after I talked to my interviewer everything started showing up on time. E-mail me if you have more questions about my process in general. Maybe we can help each other get through this faster 🙂
    Melissa

will
    Keymaster

You’ll get your offer letter in the mail, sign it, get a copy of your passport, fill in the page called Personal Information, fax all three to Denver ASAP, fill in the rest of the hundreds of pages (be really meticulous about it, dot every i, cross every t) and mail all that (plus the signed offer letter, passport copy & personal info) in the envelope given.

Your PQ package will not be sent out until they have the signed offer letter, generally within 48 hours of receipt. Things in HR have been going astray with remarkable frequency this season, so call to make sure they have your fax, and make sure they received it. If not, fax it all again. If you don’t get your PQ packet within 3-4 days call them again, ask if it has been sent (probably FedEx), then call FedEx to see if you have a package on the way to your address.

Before you even get the packet, make appts for a physical and a dental exam, any extras will be age & health dependent and you’ll get the offficial list with the packet (mammos, EKGs, chest x-rays, et) Make a Drs appt with an office that has a 12-lead EKG machine since you may need that done and not all Drs offices have that, and it’ll save you the time having to find another office and wait for the appt. But make the appts ASAP to get a jump on the timing.

As an Alt, if they need one, it doesn’t matter where on the list of Alts you may be, they will pull in the first-PQ’d and then of the PQd ones, the first person who ansers the phone.

Keep copies (faxable, the pink copies are not very readable by fax) of ALL paperwork and make sure that it has been received and put in the system
    Good luck with the process.

Genevieve

will
    Keymaster

Damn bumped the key to send before I was done.

They WILL lose something of yours, be it results, bloodwork, paperwork etc. Keep on them throughout the process so if that happens you don’t have to wait a few weeks for them to discover the missing stuff and then contact you.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

will
    Keymaster

P.S. The dental will include x-rays, so let your dentist know that, so they schedule the time for it. Raytheon will not pay for a cleaning or any work that is done, just the exam & x-rays.

Baghdad Jim

[font=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif:evlq9dr0]Genevieve, good rendition of the timeline for getting it done, thanks….that shouldnt be a problem though.  My problem is that the mail will goto an address where it’ll just be stuck on a desk in the back room…not sorted, not forwarded, not etc.[/font:evlq9dr0]
    [/font:evlq9dr0] 
    If I can get a heads up from them that its been sent, then I can have someone go pick it up and fedex it here–4 days at the quickest.[/font:evlq9dr0]
    [/font:evlq9dr0] 
    I hope I get a call like Melissa did—I’m on nightshift and night time here is dayshift in colorado.  Email wouold be better, though.[/font:evlq9dr0]

will
    Keymaster

Jim,

So ask your hiring super to make sure you are notified by email, and that you get a copy of your offer letter by email too, you can print it, sign it and fax it in. They will do it. Ask. Get the process started. And let them know of a better address where things need to be sent, you don’t need to make it permanent, but speed it up that way.

Genevieve

MightyAtlas

And pray, son…pray…

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Jim, best to keep in touch at this point. If your hiring manager is someone who has been around for a while, they’ll understand your unique circumstance. We are approaching the end of June and nearing the point where they are running out of time for winfly deployments. This is where things get stressful if primary and alternates begin to drop out. I can’t speak for your particular person, but at this point it’s nice to know who can drop and run.
    It kind of sounds like if you aren’t hired, you are at least at the very top of the list.

Baghdad Jim

I’m praying…ohmmm madi padre oooooohhhm….  If I thought it would help, I’d set up an alter to sacrifice office supplies and coffee filters to Barry Manilo…oh Barry, I beseech you!

But seriously, I found out who the hiring manager was and another recruiter in CO emailed back that I’d get a call or email to set up an interview time.  Sweetness.  Thats right, I said ‘sweet’.

Although the mail thing, it’s either that address or none.  I almost set up a forwarding service a few months ago in Houston—kicking myself for not doing it now.

skua77
    Keymaster

Jim,
    Good news, sounds like things are looking up! Keep us informed….

Bill

Baghdad Jim

hmmm..Bill, I think my last might have been mis-typed.  I should’ve mentioned that the phone call or email was likely to come IF interview/packet level had been reached.  Not a done thing yet.

Barry, my lost Musical Lord, help me in this time of, erm…well..just put in a good word for me and ill sacrifice a new TO’s worth of LOTD’s and SOW’s…might even throw in a few CAMs.

MightyAtlas

Jim —

If you listen to Barry Manilow (let alone worship him), I don’t know if we even want you down on the ice…

a

Baghdad Jim

a,

her name was Lola,

she was a showgirl…

(now, I wonder how long that’ll be in your head today…)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.