Quantas Shutdown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kelly74Q

What has been the effect of Quantas stopping it’s flights? (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-30/qantas-groundings-heathrow-singapore-airports/3608618).
    I heard from a friend of a friend who knows someone that has a cousin that lives next door to a gal that works in RPSC travel that the plan is to put everyone on C17’s and fly them out of Denver. Kind of like the old H&N days when you flew first class in a 141 or 130 from Pt Mugu.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

So far we haven’t heard any of the fallout. C-17s would work

MATKATAMIBA

Holy cow. A C-17 from Denver would be the pits.

I’ll start a rumor here and suggest they are thinking of flying everyone down on Singapore Airlines!

Been There

Better rumor would be the LC-130’s will all fly back to Denver and take passengers to McMurdo…. 😀
    Someone I know has done that before…a very long time ago.
    BT

Been There

In the good old days I flew from the east coast to McMurdo in a LC-130….could not hear for days afterward. Later flew fron Davisville, RI, to McMurdo in a C-121..Connie. Eight hour flight across the States. Not too fast but very long endurance. 😀

MightyAtlas

Small pet-peeve: It’s QANTAS (Queensland And Northern Territories Air Service). It’s not Canada – no ‘u’ required…

Been There

Welcome back….you going to change your picture? 😀

Kelly74Q

@MightyAtlas wrote:

Small pet-peeve: It’s QANTAS (Queensland And Northern Territories Air Service). It’s not Canada – no ‘u’ required…

Oops, my bad. What can I say, I am a master of typoos.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.