Possible Malware/Hacking Warning (Raytheon related)

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics Possible Malware/Hacking Warning (Raytheon related)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sciencetech
    Keymaster

A few days ago I received approximately 100 “thank you for applying” notices from Raytheon — for jobs in other divisions, that I applied to last year. No, I didn’t apply to 100 jobs… Most of the emails were duplicates. With no word from Raytheon: something weird is going on.

Today I received an email addressed to a account that only RPSC should know. This email contained a link to a malware download. Note: this is the first spam email I recall ever receiving on the account. Again, something fishy is going on.

The offensive email had the subject line “Long Live America” and linked to a fake video on the domain moviesfireworks dot com. There are lots of variations on this. If you receive a similar email, do not click on the link.

References (safe to click):

Security warning
    Malware blog

FYI – glenn

thepooles98
    Keymaster

You should call them and let them know. Although by now I’m sure they are aware of it.

When I first read the post, I almost thought your message was spam.
    M

DedEye

I got three emails recently telling me I’d been rejected for a Raytheon job in Iraq that I applied to last year, and which I’d already received the “no” to about a year ago. Wonder if it’s related.

capnsteve
    Participant

I also got several e-mails telling me that I was a no go for a job that I applied for over a year ago. I know Raytheon is slow, but not this slow.
    cap’nsteve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.