No Subject

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hi rob,thanks. i was last here 6 years ago and the changes are astonishing.by the way, we had an air drop (ǃ) yesterday. a c-17 flew over (1000ft) a few km from station and dropped 6-8 pallets of cargo, total weight i think 26000 pounds. very coolǃ it was a proof-of-concept sort of thing, they were looking to see how well it would work. seemed like a success to me,perhaps the beginning of a new eraʔg

Anonymous

actually it was closer to 75,000 pounds.been there and here now

Anonymous

were there real supplies on the skid or was it a dead-weight testʔ how soft did it landʔ

Anonymous

it was real supplies — a lot of frozen food and dry goods. btʹs right, it was around 70k pounds. each pallet had at least three huge parachutes. from my perspective, they landed hard. i was about 2km away and i could see the snow splash (think: cratering in hard-packed sastrugi). but it all worked out okay. everything landed upright, nothing damaged, almost exactly where they intended it to land.if you have a fast connection you should see this video taken inside the plane by the aircrew. wow.g

Anonymous

12/20/2006

Anonymous

that is an excecellent pict.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Iceboard Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.