NANA wages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    m0loch
    Keymaster

Let me preface this by saying that I don’t usually like discussing the specifics of wages, the way I see it, if you’re not happy with the wage that you’ve negotiated, don’t take the job. On the other hand, I expect the other party in the negotiations to be playing straight and if I’m being told things like “You’re already above scale” I hope I’m not being lied to. I also understand that NANA and RPSC have differing benefit packages and in discussions with NANA employees I have learned that those needing dependent medical coverage have to fork out a lot more out of pocket for their insurance than an RPSC employee would.

Now to the question. The rumor mill is telling me that those NANA tradespeople (Electricians, Plumbers, etc) that were hired this year were making 30 – 40% more than their RPSC counterparts.

Anyone know if this is even remotely true?

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Nobody knows the exact amount. As you said the rumor mill was rampant, although I never heard anything like 30 to 40 percent. My guess is that it was substantially less. That said, we are comparing apples with oranges. There are some things better and some thing worse. Again rumor, but, the Nana trades jobs were mid season very short contracts that supposedly were not eligible for the completion bonus. The bonus varies from 15 to 28 percent of your contract salary.
    Initially none of the NANA trades jobs were for more than  a month and a half or so.I think the higher pay was an inducement to get people to leave jobs and get down quick.
    Once in the system, the Raytheon people have a fast track to getting rehired. The NANA people did not and had to wait like everyone else for jobs to be posted on Rayjobs.

NANA seemed to all of us to have a much easier time hiring qualified tradespeople than Raytheon. I’m not sure why. Maybe the whole Rayjobs process is geared to long term professional people, not contract people, especially those not computer savvy. As you all can see the process is very daunting to everyone, me included.

there were no NANA trades people at Pole, just the stewards and cooks.

skua77
    Keymaster

Curious! What sort of trades jobs did NANA hire for last summer? Were they working alongside FEMC folks or doing other things?

m0loch
    Keymaster

there were a handful of plumbers/electricians in mactown…yes, working in FEMC

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Several electricians and some plumbers. They were doing exactly the same thing as the Raytheon plumbers, but shorter contracts and paid differently as noted above.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.