My Alter-Ego as a TV Advertising Writer

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Iceboard Archives My Alter-Ego as a TV Advertising Writer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i find most television commercials boring. most everything else on television is also boring, but thatʹs another matter. anyway, every now and then an idea for a tv ad pops into my head, something different from the rest of the crap out there. maybe i missed my callingʔ i should have been an ad writer. <ǃ-- s:roll: -->ʹʹ:roll:ʹʹ<ǃ-- s:roll: -->hereʹs this morningʹs idea…_______[scence: the arctic. a dog sled moves through snowy tundra. sounds of yapping dogs. a figure is riding on the back of the sled, clad in a traditional eskimo parka. the sled approaches a hut made of skins, we can see meat drying on racks outside. the eskimo stops the sled and enters the hut. an old eskimo inside the hut stands, greets him.]hut eskimo (talking in native language, subtitled at bottom): “welcome.”[both sit on the floor, hut eskimo returns to working with skins. all is quiet except for the wind. long pause.]hut eskimo, slowly pointing (native language, subtitled): “what have you got thereʔ”sled eskimo holds up a brightly colored, insulated plastic mug, and nods (in english): “french roast. sumatran.”hut eskimo smiles, nods. after a moment brings up a similar mug in other bright colors (in english): “ethiopian decaf.” in native language (subtitled): “the wife thinks i need to slow down.”both nod.pan back from outside of hut. sounds of wind and dogs. insert coffee company logo here and narration.© 2006

Anonymous

yup, you missed your calling. iʹd love to do things like that, but the ideas never pop in my head. m

Anonymous

looks like glenn needs more to do at palmer.

Anonymous

yeah, donʹt you have a broken jeroboam ukase niberlung kiang-scope that needs working on.

Anonymous

iʹll have you know that all my junk-scopes are working great, thank you very much, except for the ones that arenʹt.geeze, you try to show your creative side and waddaya get…next week: my alter-ego as a hack blogger

Anonymous

nah, glenn, forget the junk scope and stick to advertising. you have a talent. if we ever end up in the same place at the same time again, iʹll help you film them. mike

Anonymous

etheopian decaf–too funnyǃ

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Iceboard Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.