Money–Currency–Cash–Booty–Funds

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Iceboard Archives Life on the Ice Money–Currency–Cash–Booty–Funds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Baghdad Jim

What do you guys do for paying for things at the retail store?

A site cash-cage or payroll deduction?

m0loch
    Keymaster

the station store takes visa/MC possibly AMEX…. There is an ATM if you need cash for the bar etc…

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Palmer (and possibly Pole?) also has a voluntary cash distribution system wherein part of your paycheck is withheld, but they then give you cash or traveler’s checks.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Lots of cash at mcm, just make sure your atm card doesn’t expire while down here. I get new ones each year before coming down.
    M

Baghdad Jim

Mike, I was sitting there reading m0loch’s mention ATM cards but it didnt register until your post–my last ATM card expired a few years ago! I’ve been living off pay advances, (for the beer), and credit card, (for the R&R and mail order).

holy crap–I don’t think I’ve even thought about an ATM card in almost 2 years! Guess I’ll have to get one now.

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

An ATM card is also good for post-Ice travel too, especially in New Zealand. Beats the heck out of traveler’s checks for convenience.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Life on the Ice’ is closed to new topics and replies.