medical testing overseas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    leverly

Hi all. Does anyone know about getting the medical tests done overseas? I’ve been getting conflicting information about this. Some at Raytheon have told me that I can get all tests done overseas except the psychological test for winter overs. Now I hear from Nana services, who seem to have taken over hiring(?) that this isn’t possible at all. I’m not in the U.S. now and haven’t been in years. I have no plan to go back this year either unless it is to go to Denver and then Antarctica.

Thanks,
    Loren

MightyAtlas

Loren —

What position are you applying for?  If it’s anything in Station Services (the Galley, the Store, Recreation, janitorial, etc.), then NANA now has that sub-contract, and will do the hiring for those positions.

What country do you live in?  If you’re in New Zealand, RPSC has doctors/clinics contracted there. 

Could be that there might be a problem with getting your tubes-o-blood to the LabCorp in Denver, in a reasonable amount of time (like overnight).  Call the RPSC 800 number, and speak to someone in Medical.  They should be able to give you the straight scoop.

Sorry I don’t have more info.  Good luck.

atlas 

leverly

Atlas,

I was applying for DA. I’ve just heard back from NANA that basically says everything is filled and try again next year. This is rather frustrating. Last year I heard in August about some last minute openings but was traveling in China and so couldn’t get any last minute medical stuff done. Then I spent six months in Korea and was hoping to line something up and be able to get the medical stuff done there. Now I am in China again and hear basically the same. Try again next year. Oy. I’ve been dreaming of Antarctica since I was at uni in Alaska a few years ago but it just never seems to fall into place. Any suggestions on how to set this up in a more fruitful way? I’d love to go to the Denver job fair some year but I don’t think it will ever happen. I’ve never lived on the mainland. I come from Hawai’i and the only other place I’ve lived in the States is two years in Alaska. So when I am in the states I’m usually pretty far from Denver.

Thanks,
    Loren

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Loren
    You are in a tough situation and not an easy person to hire. At some point they would do a phone interview and the initial job offer is by phone.

I don’t know about Nana’s hiring as this is the first year they have done this. I’d say it is likely just like the last year that people will drop out at the last minute. You are a longshot, but keep at it and see what happens.
    M

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.