just got offered a DA job

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HunterReaves

Hello, all –

Well, I went to the job fair last weekend, and it’s worked out great: today I got offered a Dining Attendant position at McMurdo for the upcoming summer season!

Does anybody have any advice on the PQ process? Will anyone on this board be at McMurdo next season? Any general advice / commentary / etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Hunter Slaton

will
    Keymaster

Primarily, get your physical appointments made as soon as you get your medical packet!!  And dental!!  I was a DA my first season, now will be returning for my 4th season, 3rd as a shuttle driver – a job I LOVE!!

HunterReaves

Thanks for the advice, Sharon. I just completed my online Raytheon application this weekend. My soon-to-be boss at RSPC said I should be receiving a background check soon, and then my medical, dental, and drug test packets. Then, after that, an offer letter – and finally, plane tickets to New Zealand.

I’m really excited – for both the Ice and the opportunity to travel around Australasia (with some money in my pocket!) after my contract has ended.

Hunter

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Congrats, Hunter
    See you in October. As Sharon said get the Physicals done pronto. If anything knocks you out at the last minute it will be doing the PQ’s too late. Many if not most flunk one aspect of the physical the first time around. It’s nothing to worry about as they measure things in your blood that you don’t even know exist. If the levels are even one degree out of the norm then they make you take a retest. The whole process can take months. Everyones levels fluctuate daily so chances are the next test will be ok. In 5 times down I’ve flunked 4 the first time. So don’t get discouraged. Just make sure you have plenty of time left for a retest.
    See you soon
    mike

HunterReaves

Thanks for the advice, Mike. I plan to get right on everything, just as soon as I get the packet(s).

Been getting a few calls for other RSPC people who want to interview me; I’ve had to tell them to take me out of the running, since I’ve already got a DA job. That’s cool, though – I’m glad to have the offer this early.

Hunter

thepooles98
    Keymaster

What a shame to have too many people that want to hire you. Maybe they’ll hire some of the others that have been on this webpage. Lorie and I are passing through denver today to sign our contracts and hopefully get the PQ’s done while we are here.
    mike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.