Job Fairs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Long time no post…hey guys.
    So, I just noticed that there are dates at Ratheon’s RayJobs sites for career fairs…and I got an email message from their website too (with a completely different date.) So, which fair should I go to? Does it matter? Anyone else planning on going?

Bing

Zondra

Bing –

Go to the one in Denver on April 7th. That’ll be the one where all the hiring managers will be at. The point of going is to make contact with the hiring managers. At all the other ones, it’s just an HR person…. With a corporation this big, it’s best just to go straight to the source. So, the one in Denver is the best, as you can make contacts in the particular departments you’re considering.

Good luck

Anonymous

Do you know where I could find more info on the April 7 Job Fair? I’m hoping to run down there from Seattle to bolster my chances, and I don’t want to be flying entirely blind. Thanks a lot for any help.

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Hi Zondra —

Can you post the link to the job fair info? I haven’t been able to find any references to it on the RPSC or USAP web pages.

Hey Bing —

Good to see you’re still around. Good luck.

Hola GAHopeful —

Sometimes they offer job fairs in cities other than Denver (Seattle has been one in the past). These are not as good as the “real” one in Denver, but if you have a hard time breaking free for a few days it may be an alternative — this is why I’m interested in finding the links to the job fair date(s): there may be other locations.

Getting a GA job is tough, as you’ll have a lot of competition. This is not to be discouraging: Go for it! But be persistent. Unless you know already know somebody in the program it will take effort to get noticed. Perhaps there are other, less competitive positions that you’d be qualified for? What do you know how to do? What do you enjoy? We may be able to make some suggestions for additional positions to apply for. FYI.

glenn

skua77
    Keymaster

Okay…I hunted a bit and found the job fair page…there are a couple of other ones listed besides the main one in Denver, more may be posted in the future. I too am surprised that the Denver job fair is only on Friday and not 2 days…

http://www.rayjobs.com/index.cfm?NavID=27

Good luck

😉

Been There

Bill,

Your web link shows the Job fair that took place last September. I realize Raytheon has problems understanding that penguins and polar bears are not at the same place but I hope they have more current information on the Job Fair.

Been There

MightyAtlas

Hmmm – I just clicked on the link from Bill, and all the information seems to be current…

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Ga hopeful
    The best advice is to go to the Job Fair. Be as blind as you be going into it. Have your ducks in a row coming out. As with all job fairs, this is a chance for you to impress, but you are in the pool with hundreds if not thousands of people. At denver, you will more than likely be talking to the dept heads that actually do the hiring. Make contact and if you do nothing else get their email address and phone number, and most importantly get permission to keep in touch. Then do it.

Don’t be a pest, but make sure that if there is an opening then they already know that there is someone ready to go and that person is you.

Mike in Mcmurdo

thepooles98
    Keymaster

The denver Job Fair is actually in Centennial. That could be a source of the error.

MightyAtlas

Semantics…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Employment’ is closed to new topics and replies.