janitors for 08-09?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    will
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I am so glad I found this community! There is a wealth of great information that I have come across. I recently submitted an application to work as a janitor (or DA) for the upcoming season. Unfortunately since I was unable to attend the job fair I don’t have any contacts so I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get an interview!

I do have a few questions while I wait. I was wondering if anyone knew how many janitors are hired each season? I know hiring takes place up until the season begins but is there generally a point where all the primaries are hired, say in May or June? Has anyone heard if there will be many people returning to this position from the last season?

Thanks!
    Mike

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Mike
    There is nothing different about janitors than any other job in the program. By now the first round of hiring should be complete and they would have picked the primary applicants.

This is not the end of the story, because the next step is to get PQ’d. Way too many people wait too long to get this done. It’s a long drawn out process and often ends in the primary person not passing.

Then there is the person who for one reason or another just decides they don’t want to come down.

The bottom line is that sometimes even as the October Mainbody season is underway, they are still looking to fill vacancies. Just because they are full now, doesn’t mean there won’t be openings later in the summer.

Just keep you fingers crossed. As we’ve said, at this point it would be nice to have a contact, but plenty of people get hired doing it your way.
    Mike

will
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Thanks folks for your information about the janitor position. I just wanted to say that last week I was offered (and accepted) a primary janitor position and am scheduled to be a part of Winfly!! Naturally, I am very excited about this!

Now I get to look forward to the PQing process! 🙂

Thanks again,
    Mike

MightyAtlas

Have Roxannie tell you about her favorite broom.  She rode it to work everyday…

thepooles98
    Keymaster

And [] won’t be the boss anymore, so it might be a much less friendly place.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.