Insurance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

how does insurance work down thereʔ can you get it through raytheonʔ what are the chances or being able to work down there if you are medication dependentʔ (with an otherwise controlled disorder.) thanks, bing <ǃ-- s:ʔ -->ʹʹ:ʔʹʹ<ǃ-- s:ʔ -->

Anonymous

well, actually iʹm narcoleptic… is that too exotic i wonderʔ true, i have to take medication but ʹʹadventure-wiseʹʹ, it hasnʹt stopped me yet.

Anonymous

huh. beats the heck out of me.if it were me applyingʔ … hmmm… i donʹt know enough about it, but so long as it was controlled, no hospitalization for the past bunch of years, and there was no chance of complications or hurting someone by falling asleep, iʹd go for it. they probably wouldnʹt want you to be a shuttle driver or equipment operator, ehʔ if thereʹs some underlying cause (hep-c, tumor, alien implants, etc) that would probably nix the whole thing. really, your guess is as good as mine. best bet is to be totally honest when pqing and see what they say.

Anonymous

hi bing. yup, you can get insurance through mother raytheon. in fact they deluge you with hr materials and program choices. coverage typically starts when you deploy, and cobra is available when your contract ends.medication dependency is hard to answer because thereʹs so many different cases and levels of severity. i do not know much about the criteria (so take this with a high-dosage grain of saltǃ) but my impression is that dependency for well-controlled conditions, such as mild asthma, hormone replacement, and some kinds of diabetes, is often okay for summer contracts. whatever it is, youʹd have to bring it all with you. if itʹs heart medication or something exotic, perhaps a different career choice would be appropriate. good luck.

Anonymous

thanks to the lack of sunshine down here in the winter, all of us are a little narcoleptic. i often find myself nodding off after lunch. of course, if you come down during the summer, the 24 hours of sun for four months might just help keep you awake. <ǃ-- s:lol: -->ʹʹ:lol:ʹʹ<ǃ-- s:lol: -->

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Iceboard Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.