I got WinFly!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    thepooles98
    Keymaster

Hey Atlas, since you are coming down way too fast, at least wait till october to spin my computer, I don’t have enough time to burn everything.
    You may get your wish for more time in cheech. Rumor has it a storm is on it’s way in. I’ll be spending the day tomorrow wheel packing the new road to pegasus to keep it open for you, but snow will spoil it.
    Mike

DeSoto

Hi Mike,
      I am in Denver now, we leave out tomorrow evening.  See you in a few days. 
     Atlas, I hope you get your wish. I am wishing for the same.  A couple of days at the most.  My first time down we were delayed 6 days, that was a little too long for me.

Susan

[font=comic sans ms:83l4v7d6]  Susan M. DeSoto[/font:83l4v7d6]

Do you Yahoo!?
    Get on board. You’re invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

So I wonder what the record is for days delayed in Chch? I was once delayed 12 days — and I loved every minute of it.

glenn

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Rumor has it that there have winflys that didn’t finish until mid sept. The most I’ve been delayed is a week. There was a two week period during the summer a few years ago when they couldn’t get a plane in.
    Susan and all I’m out on the last plane, so I should see you at least for a few days.
    Currently scheduled for Sat. My PQ medical is on monday so it the planes get delayed I may try to move up. My replacement is here so I have no real reason to wait.
    Mike

CaseyObr

Hey,

Just wanted to say I’m scheduled for the flight down on the 26th too. And I’ll be in Denver for some training beginning this Sunday afternoon. I’m staying at a Courtyard by Marriott, if anyone else is in the same hotel for the training. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone who has given advice on this site. So I guess I’ll be seeing most of the Winfly people within a couple weeks!

Casey

MightyAtlas

Just arrived in beautiful CHC.  Ahhh…   Cloudy, cool – the perfect antidote to a hot, humid summer in the midwest.  Good flights all the way; clothing issue tomorrow morning at 8a (yuck); flying down on Sunday (unless the weather gods do their duty, and blow in a storm).

Winfly begins.

a

thepooles98
    Keymaster

So far things are looking good for tomorrows flight. It’s condition 2 at Pegasus and has been most of the day. The good news is that the snow is blowing across the runway and not drifting. Atlas I’ll be in one of the Cargo Deltas on the other side of the plane. Wave at me.
    Mike

MightyAtlas

Mike —

Sorry you have to work on a Sunday.  Even sorrier that we have to fly-in on a Sunday. 

No day-off for us this week.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

What I always hated was you fly in on sunday and go to work Monday Morning. The weather seems to be clearing so I expect you’ll be coming in.
    Mike

MightyAtlas

damn.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Atlas made it in yesterday. Tomorrows flight is on and the weather seems to be improving. Maybe you will get a view of Erebus smoking. We’ve been waiting a few days to see the sun. So far it’s been too cloudy. You folks on tomorrows flight may get to see the sun before we do. By the way, if any of you are finding time log on. Who is coming in on what flight?
    I think Casey is on the last flight. Don’t know about melissa.

Mike

DeSoto

Hi Mike,
      It is Monday about 4 pm in Christ Church and raining.  The wind is picking up, and they say it may snow here. Who knows???? We have an early day tomorrow, hope we fly. Atlas…Glad to hear the first flight made it safely. I am coming in with Sue Root, Christy Lappegard and a couple of new supply people.
    Susan

Antarctic memories wrote:

[font=Arial, size=4:c8bdbu68]New Message on Antarctic memories[/font:c8bdbu68]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:c8bdbu68]I got WinFly![/font:c8bdbu68]

Antarcticmemories@groups.msn.com?subject=Re%3A%20I%20got%20WinFly%21
      [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif:c8bdbu68]Recommend[/font:c8bdbu68] Message 56 in Discussion
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:c8bdbu68]From: [/font:c8bdbu68][font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:c8bdbu68]thepooles98[/font:c8bdbu68]
    Atlas made it in yesterday. Tomorrows flight is on and the weather seems to be improving. Maybe you will get a view of Erebus smoking. We’ve been waiting a few days to see the sun. So far it’s been too cloudy. You folks on tomorrows flight may get to see the sun before we do. By the way, if any of you are finding time log on. Who is coming in on what flight?
    I think Casey is on the last flight. Don’t know about melissa.

Mike

View other groups in this category.

[font=comic sans ms:c8bdbu68]  Susan M. DeSoto[/font:c8bdbu68]

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

CaseyObr

Hey Mike,

This is Casey, I’m sitting in my hotel’s lobby in Christchurch right now on the 24th and we are going down on Saturday, the 26th. Just wanted to let you know. And I’ve met Melissa already and she is on that flight as well.

Casey

MightyAtlas

[font=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif:jh6o8rv7]Hey, Casey –[/font:jh6o8rv7]
    [font=Arial:jh6o8rv7][/font:jh6o8rv7] 
    [font=Arial:jh6o8rv7]I know I speak for Mike when I say, ‘Welcome to the Program’.  Hope your experience has been fun thus far.  I know the long plane ride is a bitch, but hey, it’s free!  Think of all the miles you’re accumulating…[/font:jh6o8rv7]
    [font=Arial:jh6o8rv7]The weather down here is pretty darned blustery today.  Lots of wind, and blowing snow.  Supposed to be like this tomorrow, too.  Should have everything ready for your flight on Saturday, though.[/font:jh6o8rv7]
    [font=Arial:jh6o8rv7]Enjoy the last leg of your flight – and here’s a secret:  Though the pax seats in the middle of the plane look nice and cushy, the seats on the sides of the plane allow for more legroom, and freedom to move about.[/font:jh6o8rv7]
    [font=Arial:jh6o8rv7]Tell Naner Mel we said hi.  See you soon![/font:jh6o8rv7]
    [font=Arial:jh6o8rv7]a[/font:jh6o8rv7]

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Looks like I’m going to miss you this time around Casey. I’m out on the flight you are coming in on.  Don’t despair too much, though. I may end up temporarily being in charge of the freezer for a few weeks when I get back.  You are one of two new guys working in the food services area. The other is Kyle, I met him yesterday. When you write home, you can get some mileage out of telling the family that you are one of three people hired to come to Antarctica to work in a freezer. I always thought it was kind of strange.

You’ll find that the food warehouses are a little miserable at this time of year. The dry buildings aren’t heated and are as cold as the freezer. By the time the sun comes up full time, the buildings warm up and they become one of the nicer places to work.

I’ll ditto Atlas’s hint about getting the side seats in the c-17. You will appreciate being able to stretch your legs and get up any time you want.
    Another one. When you get your issue gear. Ask for the Blue FDX boots. They will be much more comfortable to work in in the freezer than the white bunny boots.

Also ask for the lightweight red wind breaker. They don’t give it out unless you ask and they are really nice to wear once the weather warms up. Make sure all the zippers work.

See you in October.
    Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.