I got WinFly!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    MightyAtlas

Okay, Naner Mel —

All is status quo – we’ll all be receiving travel funds.  Yea.

I look forward to meeting you, either on the ice, or in CHC.  Do you know what flight you’re going to be on?

Tom —  Sorry I won’t see you for a couple more months.  I’ll take good care of Lynn in your absence.

And don’t worry, I ain’t messin’ with Mariah.  She scares me.

See you soon.

a

will
    Keymaster

Meeting everyone somewhere on the ice sounds great – i believe this was originally suggested by Mike. Atlas, I don’t know what my flight is yet but it would be nice if we could connect in CHC.

Does anyone recommend bring a pair of sunglasses? I see on the participant guide it says to bring an extra pair, but I don’t think I have a quality UVB pair around. I also went to my optomtrist about getting a prescription pair, but I was told they don’t make them with the UVR and I wouldn’t be able to get them through them.

MightyAtlas

Naner Mel —

In your employment packet there was a sheet for ordering prescription sunglasses.  Many people do this.  Just need a script to send in.  You typically get them delivered to you at orientation.

The stock sunglasses they provide are good, and will protect your eyes.  However, I always bring down my own pair of Serengetis.  Just be sure they don’t have a metal frame, and are of a fairly wrap-around design. 

I just found out today I’ll be on the first flight down.  Yippee.  There goes any chance for delay, since the first flight ALWAYS makes it in.  Damn. 

The adventure begins…

Oh, I’ll be the strongly-built bald guy, with a salt-n-pepper (mostly salt) goatee.  If we’re on the same flight, I’ll actually meet you in Denver.

See you soon.

a

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Naner
    Look for Mr Clean and underneath is an Atlas. If you are too young to remember, look him up on the web. You’ll be amazed when you meet Atlas. 
    I’m leaving on the 4th flight so I’ll see you in passing Atlas. We can do the group hug thing in October after everyone gers here.

Mike

MightyAtlas

Yep, I’ll be the one carrying the very clean world on my shrugging shoulders, while reading a map…

(the mighty) atlas

MightyAtlas

You know, I’m really starting to look forward to going somewhere that’s 140 degrees cooler than it is in the Midwest, right now…

Think they’d let us go down early?

a

thepooles98
    Keymaster

I heard you’ve been having a hot year, but be careful what you ask for. We are warming up today. Right around zero and the  storms are starting. Been condition one out of town all day. The walls on 121 are moving in and out with each gust of wind.

MightyAtlas

Cool!  Fingers-crossed for some holiday time in CHC!  Are the folks that made flight reservations starting to get a bit antsy?

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Nah, Only the fingies made reservations. They still don’t have a clue that the flights can be delayed a week or more.

skua77
    Keymaster

Mike,
    I was seriously amazed at all of the elaborate travel plans (condo rentals, trips, extensive flight plans etc etc) that some Polies were making about this time last year. Not all of these plans were being made by FNGs. The gods smiled on them since things got delayed little if any, but we know better. Anyway, I envied them a bit since I didn’t know which month I was leaving Pole until a week before I left, and couldn’t plan anything…

Since I was on a separate Navy contract, instead of the RPSC travel options I had an open ticket paid for by the Navy. So I had to fly back to the US within a year of the deployment flight. The extra month at Pole cut into my travel time, I flew north 362 days after the deployment flight.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Gees, that’s about as bad luck as you can get. I’ll stay with the
    rpsc contract. We can trade the ticket in for whatever we want.
    Mike

MightyAtlas

Yo, Mike —

How are the nacreous clouds this season?  Are you seeing them ‘mid-day’ yet?

a

thepooles98
    Keymaster

I’ve seen them once. Somebody posted some great ones on the idrive the other day. We’ve had an almost weeklong storm. I think once it clears we’ll be seeing lots of light and lots of clouds.

MightyAtlas

Nice pic.  Can’t wait to see them in-person.

Only a week till I have to leave home…

MightyAtlas

Yo, Mike —

I’m in Denver right now, flying out tomorrow afternoon.  The adventure begins…again.

Great weather here, too.  Hate to leave.  Heard it’s been pretty mild down at MCM.  I think you all need to have a big-ass Herbie roll through on the 20th.  I need a couple more days to enjoy CHC.

🙂

See you soon!

a

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.