how long after hireright?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Big V

okay, i’ve done the hireright application…..now how long am i waiting for my contract?
    thanks guys! good thing this message board is here other wise no one would ever find out anything 🙂
    v

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Hey V
    The people who had contracts within the last 9 months don’t have to redo hirerite. Everyone else does. I don’t know how long that takes. Are you getting an Alternate contract?  Mels letter said to keep in touch. Call him before 9am Denver time and get him to back you.
    M

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, the whole hiring process has changed this year. Having HR do the calls has it’s ups and downs. The good side is that the working staff doesn’t have to take time out to do all the background checks. It also makes things a little fairer for everyone and eliminates some of the favoritism that has gone on in the past. You know, hiring someones friend, who isn’t qualified.
    The bad thing is that it takes a long time for HR to make all the phone calls and checks. I’m glad I’m not going through hirerite, mine was long enough. By the way I’m a primary for mainbody and an alternate for winfly.

It must be even worse for the new people who don’t have contacts in the office to tell them where they are in the process. So for all of you that went to the job fair, don’t be a pest, but keep up with the process. If you are in the loop, then between us and your contacts in the office, you should have a fair idea of what next steps are going to be.

The next step after the offer and the drug screen is to get the medicals done as soon as possible. IF you are an alternate, this is one way to help ensure you get in. Getting PQ’d (physically qualified) is a major part of getting hired and plenty of people fail or don’t get them done in time. A PQ’d ready to go alternate is a great second best if the primary fails.

Big V

m
    you didnt have to do hireright? didn't we leave at the same time?
    this is so frustrating….we want to go on a trip–and have been put off
    that for a month already. and no clue as to when we'll be getting
    contracts. i mean, are we talking one week or eight weeks?
    any idea? anyone???
    thanks
    v

thepooles98
    Keymaster

V
     I left in august and came back again for the summer in October. I’ve only been off the ice for 10 weeks or so and don’t need the hirerite ap.

Call Mel, Explain what is up. Let them know you are leaving and waiting around for the contract. See if they can expedite you. That would be my advice.
    I’d give amy a call as well and let her know your scheduling problems. She was pretty open with me. My problem as in the other post is that my drug screen place is an hour and half away.
    Let me know what they say. Are you and R getting primary contracts?
    Mike

Hello all,

I’ve done the hireright app too… and then received 2 seperate documents to read and agree to.  I feel like I’m finally on a roll – although the document said only that I was being considered for either a primary or alternate position!

Oh, Mike Poole?   … at the job fair – I had dinner with “Shuttle Bill” (he actually bought!) and told him of you answering questions here. He said “hi”.

Jo

Reply-To: “Antarctic memories”
    To: “Antarctic memories”
    Subject: how long after hireright?
    Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:28:33 -0700

[font=Arial, size=4:6qwtue8k]New Message on Antarctic memories[/font:6qwtue8k]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:6qwtue8k]how long after hireright?[/font:6qwtue8k]

antarcticmemories@groups.msn.com?subject=Re: how long after hireright?
      velvetnron@hotmail.com?subject=Re: how long after hireright?   [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif:6qwtue8k]Recommend[/font:6qwtue8k] Message 1 in Discussion
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:6qwtue8k]From: [/font:6qwtue8k][font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:6qwtue8k]Big V[/font:6qwtue8k]
    okay, i’ve done the hireright application…..now how long am i waiting for my contract?
    thanks guys! good thing this message board is here other wise no one would ever find out anything 🙂
    v

View other groups in this category.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:6qwtue8k]
    To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail Settings.

Need help? If you’ve forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member Services.
    For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you received this message by mistake, please click the “Remove” link below. On the pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click “Send”. Your e-mail address will be deleted from this group’s mailing list.
    antarcticmemories-remove@groups.msn.com

[/font:6qwtue8k]

Download Messenger. Join the i’m Initiative. Help make a difference today.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Jo
    Shuttle Bill is a good guy, I hope you get to work with him. It sounds like you are at least being seriously considered.
    M

Big V

m
    as far as we know we have primary contracts…but still no word and i'm
    guessing even if i try to call i won't actually get through. we'll just go
    on with our lives and when they finally do call we'll figure it out. why
    don't you just go to a local clinic for your drug screen, pay yourself and
    be reimbursed? rather than driving 1.5 hours?
    and it sounds like you got your med kit before your drug screen?
    v

thepooles98
    Keymaster

I’ve got the med kit and drug screen. The drug screen came in the mail, the Meds get emailed to you. The only reason I’m going to Grants Pass is that we had planned on going anyway. This is just a convenient excuse. I’m going down with Lorie tomorrow and  then I’ve got the Med and Dental appts on Monday and Tuesday.

As to the call, I got through to Amy, who dug through the paperwork to give me my offer on the phone. I would go ahead and give her a call. I would also verify with Mel that you have a primary. It would be a shock to you to go through all this and find out otherwise.
    I thought I would be going down winfly, but he told me I’m a winfly alternate. It was nice to know that in advance. The story is budget cuts are keeping winfly flights down to 2 flights instead of 3. If they add another flight, then I should be moved up.  He’s very open to people calling him before 9 in the morning denver time. It’s toll free, so give him a call and find out whats up.
    M

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.