Herzog film

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    will
    Keymaster

The Herzog film, Encounters, etc. will be playing in St. Louis, July 18-24, 2008.
    Sharon

MightyAtlas

I’m waiting on the DVD…

thepooles98
    Keymaster

We got a showing on the ice last season. I liked it for the most part. Most movies show the glamour side of the ice. Herzog focused in a lot on the work camp side of things. The only thing I didn’t like was that it obviously had to be stretched out to make it feature length. One way he did it was to put in lots of underwater shots of the bottom of the sea ice. The shots went on and on forever.
    M

rocky

Diver Henry Kaiser’s video “Seal Men” ( a parody of Herzog’s Grizzly Man”) may be included on the “Encounters” dvd. Seal Men runs about 45 min. & was shot at McMurdo during the 04-05 season. 
    Glad to hear you like N. Ca., Mike. I’m loving Quincy, working on the Plumas N.F. as a wildlife tech-calling owls & trapping rodents in beautiful high mountain meadows around Lake Davis. Linda McDermott (HR) lives next door.
        Jeff

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Nice Jeff
    I did my first Ranger led program yesterday. Hiking through the forest. At the end everyone shook my hand. That didn’t happen last year as a volunteer. It must be the hat. Tuesday is my first campfire, slideshow program. It’s on the geology of the area of course.
    M

Been_There

OK so we re all waiting for the PICTURE of you with the hat!

BT

Been_There

Henry Kaiser got Herzog interested in Antarctic and I believe he ws the producer on the film nd did the sound track.

BT

will
    Keymaster

There’s a new review in Slate today.  It doesn’t say much that hasn’t already been discussed here, but it’s fun for playing “spot the Antarctica stereotypes.”

http://www.slate.com/id/2193357/

Zondra

The Slate review seems pretty accurate.  I watched the film a few weeks ago.  It was fun to see familiar faces and scenery.  I’m glad, though, that I didn’t get interviewed (and I almost did!) for the film, though.  The way Herzog put it all together was interesting, and deffinetly gave the film a Herzog flavor to it.

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Saw the film this afternoon. I liked it, he put a different spin on things. More spiritual. Seeing Lebor on the big screen was pretty neat.

*sigh*. It was like watching home movies.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.