Help! I got the "Are you still intersted" and Hireright emai

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics Help! I got the "Are you still intersted" and Hireright emai

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    linglinrtw

I got an are you interested email for one of the positions applied and then a link to fill out an application via HireRight. My questions is that it asks for previous employer references. I have really good references for my current job. But for jobs i Had in 2008 and before, I might not be able to get them. Is it bad that if I don’t put down these references. The primary reason for one is that the supervisor no longer works there. I can maybe get a colleague to provide reference (i have them on facebook but haven’t talk to them in ages.. but I did pretty good on that job because I got offer to go back), do you think that will work? As for the other job, I can get reference, but it is not exactly related to the job I applied thou i think it will still be a decent reference.

What is everyone’s recommendations? I figure its best if I apply and fill up the application as soon as possible.

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

My recommendation: don’t panic. Breathe. And by the way, congratulations for getting to this step!

Without knowing your work history, the job you’re applying for, and a million other details, we’re only going to be able to give you general encouragement. I would suggest completing the application promptly but don’t feel like it has to be done tonight. Take enough time and do it right.

Get what references you have in order, with the right contact info. If you don’t have references for a previous job or they’ve moved on, say so. Not a big deal. If two or three reliable references will vouch that you’re amazing, that’ll do. Be sure your references know about this and have agreed to be references.

Going off of what you’ve said in your previous posts, it sounds like you’ve taken the ‘shotgun’ approach to getting hired (i.e., applying to anything you may be remotely qualified for). That’s great, whatever works. If you’re applying for entry-level jobs, like GA, DA, or jano, then the hiring managers will already expect that your work history will not be very long. What they’ll really be looking for is someone reliable, with integrity, who can be trusted to get a job done without too much supervision. That and a good attitude.

It’ll all work out. Hang in there.

MATKATAMIBA

I don’t think HireRight expects everyone to keep track of all their old supervisors and where they are working now. Just put down the company you worked for and the name of the supervisor you had when you worked there and a general phone number. That’s really all the application asks for anyway.

For what its worth, I spent two days compiling great references, calling each for permission to use them as a reference, remembering old supervisor names, etc, and HireRight never contacted any of them.

Iceman

@MATKATAMIBA wrote:

For what its worth, I spent two days compiling great references, calling each for permission to use them as a reference, remembering old supervisor names, etc, and HireRight never contacted any of them.

I think HireRight, the third party contractor that RPSC uses to do background checks, is mainly used to get ones criminal history or lack there of, and less likely in call each and everyone’s references for the last 10 years of employment, IMO.

spidey
    Participant

Sent back my I am still interested email. Now I’m just waiting for the Hireright email.
    None of my references were ever contacted in the last two years.

linglinrtw

Thanks for the great advices and kind words. Looks like this is just small step forward and still many more to come.. hehe..

I contacted all my references and they all said yes with one still pending a reply. How likely is that they will contact me after I fill out the HireRight? Is it another long waiting game that might not go anyway.. hahaha

🙂 Ling

MATKATAMIBA

@linglinrtw wrote:

How likely is that they will contact me after I fill out the HireRight? Is it another long waiting game that might not go anyway.. hahaha

🙂 Ling

I’d say the chances are pretty good you will hear something or they wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of paying someone to investigate your background. It may be a primary or alternate offer. I’ve only had one hiring experience with them and it was: letter, HireRight, alternate offer, then primary offer (with phone interview) for a slightly higher level job. So I can’t say once you get to HireRight you will always be contacted, but it is definitely a good sign.

linglinrtw

Thanks guys for the advice. Submitted HireRight, now its just a waiting game for this one and all the other ones I submitted resume for back haven’t heard back for.. hehe

🙂 Ling

spidey
    Participant

Just got my Hireright email last night. I’ll have to get to that today. My other 4 apps are still just at the submitted stage.

spidey
    Participant

Just finished my Hirerite. Silly that it can’t pull the info from your resume.
    You will need all your employment dates, addresses, supervisors and phone numbers for 10 years.
    Also your school dates and addresses as well as two references with their contact info.
    Hope they can use this form if I get the go ahead on other apps.
    Good luck everyone.

linglinrtw

I am waiting for them to get back to me after hireright.. not sure how long that takes…. hahah.. hopefully they will get back to me.. hahahhah

Iceman

@linglinrtw wrote:

I am waiting for them to get back to me after hireright.. not sure how long that takes…. hahah.. hopefully they will get back to me.. hahahhah

It could be anywhere from weeks to months to never (they don’t always get back to you). I’ve had all three happen to me in some form or another over the last 4 years, after I filled out the HireRight check. It’s basically a waiting game from here on out. I would say the best thing to do is to try to not think about it (if you can) and just go about your daily life like you never even heard about Antarctica, and hopefully one day in the not too distance future you will get an email from the hiring manager requesting a phone interview. It’ll be like an early Christmas present, when and if you get to the next step, and you’ll be like oh yeah, I almost forgot about that Raytheon thing!

spidey
    Participant

Got my second are you still interested email. Sent off my yes I am. Also let them know about the first position and that I had completed the Hirerite form for the first position.
    Still no update on that first position but its early. Last year I never heard back from anything after the hirerite.
    I’ll just keep my fingers crossed.

linglinrtw

So, even if you get the ‘Are you interested’ and fill out the ‘Hire rite’ form, you might still not hear anything from them?

Ahhh.. that sux big time.. 🙁 bleh

jimmyland

Same experience as Spidey, did the hireright last year and never heard back.
    Hopefully I’ll get further this year…=)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.