Good Exposure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Sciencetech
    Keymaster

The United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Antarctic Treaty. As part of their web presentation they’ve used three of my photos.

Cool!
    :mrgreen:

thepooles98
    Keymaster

where are they

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Right on the homepage. The pictures at the top scroll (starting with the bust and flags at the Chalet). If it doesn’t scroll automatically, click the blue dots to the right.

Idan

cool! congrats!

spidey
    Participant

Kudos!
    Hope there will be a way for us to check them out.

Iceman

Glenn, do you now how many photos you have in the NSF/Antarctic library?

cher99840

That is way cool. Half of them are yours!!

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

@Iceman wrote:

Do you now how many photos you have in the NSF/Antarctic library?

Gosh, 40-50 maybe. Also this year I’ve had a couple people purchase my photos, kind of at random. It’s been very encouraging.

linglinrtw

Great pictures. love the penguin one! Do they get tha close? or did u use some super cool cameras

p.s I figured out name 🙂

Idan

@Sciencetech wrote:

This coming winter is the anniversary of Amundsen and Scott’s arrival at the South Pole so perhaps there will be increased interest in Antarctica.

not to nitpick, but isn’t every winter the anniversary of the arrival at the Pole?

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Smarty pants. 100-year anniversary, the centennial.
    😛

spidey
    Participant

100th anniversary 😉

thepooles98
    Keymaster

nice pics Grant. Are you currently taking stunning photos where you are at now?

Idan

@Sciencetech wrote:

Smarty pants. 100-year anniversary, the centennial.
    😛

i know, i’m just messing around.

i wonder if there will be any “centennial re-creation trips” to the pole. and i hope they’d re-create Amundsen’s trip, because i don’t think anyone would volunteer to re-create Scott’s. although there are no dogs allowed, so maybe snowmobiles pulling sleds?

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

@Idan wrote:

i wonder if there will be any “centennial re-creation trips” to the pole. and i hope they’d re-create Amundsen’s trip, because i don’t think anyone would volunteer to re-create Scott’s. although there are no dogs allowed, so maybe snowmobiles pulling sleds?

From what I hear, they’re expecting hundreds [yes, HUNDREDS] of visitors at the Pole this year. I’m stunned. I expect most of them will be fly-ins but there will probably be plenty of skiers too.

Mike, it’s kind of strange — I don’t take many pictures when I’m not on the Ice. The exception is wildlife. If it moves or might attack me, I’ll photograph it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.