Geo in Antarctica?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    DeSoto

Hi Marsha,
      I knew you would remember me….I also enjoyed iving in 211…who knows where they will put me this year.  I am sure you have connections to get your request since you worked in the housing dept????  Do you know when they start making assignments?
      Take care, see you in Denver, LA or Christ Church.

Susan

I already sent mine in for Hotel Cal, can’t see me anywhere else. Should be easy enough to find room there.

DeSoto

Hi Lucky,
      I think that Hotel Cal  or MMI is too wild for me.

Susan

2 Years ago it was great but last year we had some troubles with 1 or 2. Sad that a few things can make a reputation look bad. I heard theres a few of us heading back again this year that were there last year and hopefully we can make sure its a fun but respectful place again. I guess I am spoiled with the place though. For myself, MMI and Cal just have a great feel and lounge for hanging in and I enjoy the group atmosphere. Then again, I’m weird.

Lucky.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

You”re not weird, you’ve just been eating too many of those Palmer bananas. I wish bananas would grow as well here. G?
    We are all glad you are coming back.
    We had a pretty good storm last week. Lots of snow. In fact more than I’ve ever seen at one time here. The temps went to 15 above zero. Yesterday the windchills were down in the -60’s and cold. Winfly is coming.
    m

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Mike, you’re all bananas there. Har har. Seriously, if they’d just listen to me and turn the BFC into a combo greenhouse and upstairs library/coffee/kitchen, there’d be room to grow banana trees. Whaddaya think?

It’s been a good season here. The vinyards are ripening nicely and the tulips should be pushing up any day now. Believe that and I’ve got an iceberg to sell ya.

Yikes! Winfly *is* close. Where does the time go? Thinking of that, my years at Mactown seem lost, as if I somehow skipped over them. Whole chunks of my life are missing… Do you ever feel the same?

thepooles98
    Keymaster

No, it’s all still there. I’ve been a bit adventurous for the last 10 years between here, sailing the pacific and rving across america. You are the same. There are just lots of great memories that are all trying to fight their way to the top of the mountain.
    My co-worker this winter might get a crewing job on a sailboat crossing the pacific. Talking to her brought back tons of memories that have taken a back seat for the last few years.
    m

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.