For Kimberly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    thepooles98
    Keymaster

Everyone, Kimberly left this message. I’ve reposted here for people to help her.
    Mike

I have a lot of experience in retail and I was woundering what type of jobs that might fit for me in that area If any? Are there retail jobs that I could do? I have worked in convienient stores restraunts clothing. If any one could tell me that would be great. My boyfriend is looking for jobs there and I would really like the oppertunity to go with him for the experience alone. I know that the hiring process is in may june, no better time to look then now!!! Please anyone with info on this please reply.
    Thanks Kimberly

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Kimberly,
    There should be plenty of jobs you could do. Go to Rayjobs.com and apply for everything. There is a retail store, but they only hire a couple of people. Your better bet is supply, as it’s a retail operation without the cash. If you go for supply remember it is primarily and inventory control position and you will be spending endless hours doing inventory with breaks inbetween to help customers. Most jobs are probably filled for this year, but you never know, if at the last minute everybody bails, there could still be openings. Other intro jobs are General Assistant (GA), Janitor, or Dining Assistant. These are the lowest paying jobs in general but can lead to better jobs later.
    Mike

MightyAtlas

At Central Supply you can also get a Big Gulp, and a burrito, when you visit…

m0loch
    Keymaster

she should try to get a job in I.T. Surely they need someone to help come up with more login and password screens

Anonymous

Thank you mike your awesome! Rick “wiczster” and I were just talking about me maybe getting there before him. Ha ha ha ha. Thats my boyfriend.

Anonymous

What is I.T.?

http://k_amsden@hotmail.com

Kimberly

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

I.T. = Information Technology

…or Irresponsible Team, depending on who you talk to. Don’t even get me started on the Crary Lab I.T. Section, a department that was, at one time, staffed entirely by women. (Read between the lines there.)

I probably shouldn’t be poking fun at I.T. since *I* will soon be part of them. That’s right Atlas, I’ve come over to the daaaark side (the Dork Side?). At least for now.

So I’ll be in Denver for orientation on the 24th of this month. I suppose that’s after all of you WINFLYers have come and gone but if you happen to be there please say hi!

glenn

Anonymous

there are so many jobs I really not sure what to look for in that catorgorie. If you have any news on how I can look specifically for those type of jobs and finding them in the job list let me know.
    Kimberly

Anonymous

Hey there sience geek Ha ha ha , what does the job look like in the rayjobs.com list look like? How is it listed?

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Hi Kimberly,

I think m0loch is pulling Atlas’ chain with the remark about login screens.

IT jobs are all computer-related, like system administrator, network admin, computer help desk, PC tech, etc. Yeah, it’s all the geek stuff. If you’re good with PCs and software — and helping helpless users — then a Help Desk job might be a good starting choice.

If you or your boyfriend don’t “speak geek:” then it might be better to apply for cargo, supply, logistics, or GA jobs. Many of the entry-level positions in those areas have OTJ (On The Job) training, or else they’re willing to hire someone with only a little experience. Other jobs you might consider: fuels, DA (dining room assistant), or something in housing.

Good luck!

glenn

m0loch
    Keymaster

While Atlas is certainly a worthy target of chain pulling, the crack was directed more towards the fact that I have an ever growing number of login/password combinations to keep track of. There’s probably one for my rayjobs account, there’s one that I get sent to access the HR paperwork (most of which is publicly available via the NSF site anyhow) then I did some pre-deployment training so I needed a login/password to submit a timecard (the login worked, but the application failed to launch because I’m not authorized…WTF?) then there’s web/TE then the password for my encrypted pay stub then of course the network login….(draw yourself a mental picture of a man beating a dead horse and insert here). Also worth mentioning is that these passwords all have different rules so there’s no “one size fits all” password to simplify it for me, the user.

Also, because I currently reside in a world where mail is delivered daily and fresh fruit is never further than a grocery store I haven’t anything to whinge about so I can momentarily overlook the fact that the black art of moving bits and bytes of data about goes on seemingly seamlessly and take a moment to pick on someone (some department) that makes these miracles happen.

Normal whinging to resume Monday, 20 August (or thereabouts)

MightyAtlas

My, you are bitter, aren’t you?  😉

Coming in on first flight, huh?  That’s the day our life changes. 

m0loch
    Keymaster

It’s my coat hook now 😉

thepooles98
    Keymaster

I heard yesterday that they might be looking for people to work the store for this season, apply now.
    Mike

Anonymous

Mike or anyone,
    I have no idea how to look for that store position. I found out that NANA is in alaska not antarctica. If you can find the site to where I can apply for the store position PLEASE send me the link so I can get in there, Thanks
    Kimberly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.