Entertainment During the Long Antarctic Night

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics Entertainment During the Long Antarctic Night

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thunder

This is not an advertisement, spam, or a bait and switch presentation. Our site, dedicated to chatbots, has had visitors from every content on the planet except for Antarctica, and that’s simply my goal here.

Me and a couple of thousand of my friends have a hobby. We create chatbots, and we’re known among those who dabble in the art as “botmasters.” There are several sites where you can acquire a “free” chatbot (nothing to download) hosted on their server. Chatbots can come with pre-loaded knowledge which you can alter, remove, or add to. The fun comes from creating your own chatbot personality. It’s easy, addictive, and entertaining. It’s also sometimes, challenging, as you review chatlogs and try to come up with a better way to answer a question, or respond to a statement the next time your chatbot is presented with the same text. And trust me, I’m no computer or code wizard, but I know if I can do it, anyone can.

Chatbots can be as elaborate as you wish, and some have animated faces with voices, while others are simply a test box for you to type your input. Some chatbots are serious, and some are humorous. Some offer help with emotional issues, and some enjoy talking about movies, or teaching a language. If your interested in starting a new, “free” hobby and need help getting started, or have any questions, visit us at the A.I. Nexus Forum.

If you’ve never seen a chatbot, here are a coupe you might enjoy chatting with.

A.L.I.C.E.
    iEinstein

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Not sure what to make of this.

One thing I can say is that it’s highly unlikely that you will be bored with nothing to do in antarctica. Just the opposite. There is always somebody asking you to do something. The trick is to say no once in a while so you have time to yourself.

MightyAtlas

‘Every content on the planet?’

Thunder

@thepooles98 wrote:

Not sure what to make of this.

One thing I can say is that it’s highly unlikely that you will be bored with nothing to do in antarctica. Just the opposite. There is always somebody asking you to do something. The trick is to say no once in a while so you have time to yourself.

Is that work related? The impression we get out here is that drinking is the major past time interrupted by an occasional game of Ping-Pong. I suppose those are old films. 😀

‘Every content on the planet?’

Well, so much for spell check. Thanks for the correction.

We’d still appreciate a visit, even if we’re poor proof readers.

The A.I. Nexus Forum. All about chatbots and other forms of Artificial Intelligence.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

No, totally play related. While you work 10 hours a day 6 days a week, you live in the same place you work. Play starts the moment you get off of work. It’s a lot like how you might socialize with your friends at home. A few drinks maybe but more just a bunch of friends enjoying each others company. The drinking incidents get the publicity, but out of the thousand or so people there in the summer, it’s only a small percentage and mostly the newer people. Most get togethers are small, 20-30 friends at Hut 10 or maybe 4 or 5 at the coffee house. The really big ones like the halloween party will attract a couple of hundred, but it still leaves twice as many who don’t go or just go for a short while to make their presence known.

My first year I mailed down a ton of stuff to keep me busy. 10 years later, most never got opened. Some mailed back home still unopened, some still there not opened and most put into the Skua bins for some other first year sucker who thinks they will have a lot of time on their hands. Some things show up in the Skua bins again and again over the years. Its funny.

Some of the techno people would enjoy this, but for the rest, by the time everyone checks their facebook , I would not expect a lot to have time leftover to chatbot. We’ll see.

boston_rob

‘Every content on the planet?’ [2]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.