Do Penguins Taste Like Chicken?


Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics Do Penguins Taste Like Chicken?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1240
    Idan
    Member

    Hello from a first-time poster! I just wanted to break the ice, so to speak.

    But really, do they? πŸ˜‰

    I’ve been reading blog after blog about the Ice, and have been going through the back-posts on this forum. I am hopeful (and maybe a bit over-excited) about working down on the Ice. “March 1st” is burned into my mind and I’m looking forward to applying for jobs. I primarily have IT experience, but am not above digging ditches, shoveling snow, washing dishes, cleaning toilets, or even supervising!

    In everything I’ve read, I got a small sense of the type of people who work down there as generally being talented, smart, funny, down-to-earth, and perhaps a little “off”? Sounds like my kind of culture!

    I hope to talk to you, and maybe perhaps someday there will be a chance I will meet you on the Ice!

    Idan

    #10280
    Sciencetech
    Keymaster

    TOP TEN ICE RESPONSES TO “Do Penguins Taste Like Chicken?”

    10. You’ll have to ask a leopard seal.
    9. The Crary Lab says, “No, but the cheeks make great sashimi!”
    8. Yes — endangered species are delicious! That’s why they’re endangered.
    7. The Heavy Shop: “C’mon over and try it for yourself!”
    6. The IT answer: “It tastes like RJ-45 when cooked on an overheated server.”
    5. Being willing to supervise is sinking pretty low. I’d stick with cleaning toilets or cooking penguins.
    4. It doesn’t matter. All that’s important is, does the Frosty Boy machine work?
    3. You’re home-schooled, aren’t you?
    2. The winter-over’s answer, “No, but people do. He-he-he.”
    1. No, but the chicken sure tastes like penguin.

    #10281
    Idan
    Member

    @Sciencetech wrote:

    TOP TEN ICE RESPONSES TO “Do Penguins Taste Like Chicken?”

    3. You’re home-schooled, aren’t you?

    Oh good gawd no! Then I’d be weird!

    Funny stuff on the rest of the answers too!

    #10282
    thepooles98
    Keymaster

    Never ate a penguin. Been told by some that have that it’s a little fishy tasting. A bit like eating seagull.

    #10283
    Sciencetech
    Keymaster

    @Idan wrote:

    3. You’re home-schooled, aren’t you?

    Oh good gawd no! Then I’d be weird!

    Be assured it wasn’t directed at you personally. We know you’re joking.

    Home-schoolers have a reputation for writing to people working in Antarctica and asking some really, shall we say, ‘un-schooled’ questions about Eskimos, polar bears, and so on. We get a laugh out of it, but it’s also rather sad.
    πŸ™„

    Mmmmm, seagull…

    g

    #10284
    Idan
    Member

    @Sciencetech wrote:

    @Idan wrote:

    3. You’re home-schooled, aren’t you?

    Oh good gawd no! Then I’d be weird!

    Be assured it wasn’t directed at you personally. We know you’re joking.

    Home-schoolers have a reputation for writing to people working in Antarctica and asking some really, shall we say, ‘un-schooled’ questions about Eskimos, polar bears, and so on. We get a laugh out of it, but it’s also rather sad.

    I was joking too :mrgreen: (I almost don’t take anything seriously, ever)

    I don’t have any silly questions about polar bears because I know they’re best friends with the penguins and eat the eskimos that are native to Antarctica. πŸ˜‰

    #10285
    thleeree
    Member

    @thepooles98 wrote:

    Never ate a penguin. Been told by some that have that it’s a little fishy tasting. A bit like eating seagull.

    you should try it))) just for experience)


    World Football Championship 2014 with a Mobile Phone Signal Booster
    How to Install Mobile Phone Signal Booster in Your House

    #10286
    thepooles98
    Keymaster

    Never ate a seagull either. Don’t think I’ll try either one.

    #10287
    spidey
    Participant

    haven’t tried penguin either, but I did just read about this tragedy in Australia that would impact your meal.
    It still makes me all choked up thinking about it….

    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/22/whoops-1-million-worth-of-wine-spilled/?hpt=hp_c2

    #10288
    McGonagall
    Member

    @thepooles98 wrote:

    Never ate a seagull either. Don’t think I’ll try either one.

    You should try one. My father used to cook one every weekend after their hunting session. I say it’s worth a try!

    I am just wondering about the penguins, we do not have one here in South East Asia of course but I am also looking forward to try one. Do they really taste like chicken?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.