CURRENT JOB OPENINGS IN ANTARCTIC WITH FRONTIER MEDICAL

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics CURRENT JOB OPENINGS IN ANTARCTIC WITH FRONTIER MEDICAL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Frontier

Our Client Frontier Medical, who are based in the United Kingdom, is an international company providing medical support services to clients operating in remote or hazardous environments worldwide, both on and offshore. The company is a division of Exploration Logistics Group plc, which is involved in a variety of field logistics activities

On behalf of Frontier Medical, ELG FZE are currently inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced American Nationals for the following positions:

– Physicians
    – Nurses
    – Dentists
    – Clinic Manager

For more information or to apply for any of the above positions, please visit ELG FZE’s website or send your CV to admin@elgfze.com.

Many thanks

Charlene Graham
    ELG FZE on behalf of Frontier Medical

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

This appears to be legit. See: http://www.elgfze.com/medical-jobs/us-physicians-pas-paramedics-nurses-dentists

No indication of what station, field camp or expedition. ELGFze (Exploration Logistics) also does staffing for the mining and oil industry, they’re based out of Dubai. I sent an email to Charlene to find out more details.

Been There

Interesting. Kind of late to be recruiting medical staff.

BT

thepooles98
    Keymaster

I’ll bet it’s one of the bidders or even Raytheon or Transpolar deciding that they don’t have the expertise to manage a medical staff. Would the NSF do a contract direct for medical?

emeyesee

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is Transpolar? I couldn’t find a good explanation from Googling, so I’m just trying to figure out what this company is and how they fit into things.

AGE Dave

Transpolar LLC is a company made up of former NSF, Raytheon and other previous Antarctic contractors and workers, formed expressly to bid on the new Antarctic contract. Transpolar is partnering with various companies, including Raytheon, AECOM and The National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) and Chenega Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation (extra points in the bid process from NSF)…..all in an effort to swing the NSF contract in their favor…..

I’m with Mike in the guess that NSF may be sub-contracting all medical out to another company….NSF may want all medical split off from the primary contractor.

Check the website: http://www.transpolarllc.com/

David

Been There

Medical services included as part of the Antarctic Support Contract RFP that organizations are currently bidding on.

BT

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.