collecting unemployment not through virginia

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics collecting unemployment not through virginia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Big V

hi Everyone!
    So, you know how they give us a Raytheon Ohio address when we leave and tell us that we actually work in Virginia?  does anyone have the actual Virginia address for Raytheon?  this all seems to work out fine when you collect through Virginia but i’m finding that I have to collect through Minnesota (my residence and i’ve worked there within the required quarters)….and i’m guessing they’re going to want that info. 
    Virginia said to just use the info on my paystub (the Texas address)–but i’m positive that they’re wrong on that one. 
    any tips/ideas/etc from others that are collecting through a different state–especially if it’s Minnesota-eh?
    thanks all!
    V

MightyAtlas

Yo, V —

This is the third time I’ve gone through VA for my unemployment, and have had absolutely no problems. 

HR has all the addresses you require.  It’s should be printed on the redeployment paperwork you’ll receive in what, eight more months?   
    The addresses for Raytheon in OH and VA have something to do with where our Technical Services is headquartered, and where the checks get sent out of.  It’s all legit.

How’s the winter going?  Nice and quiet now?

a

Big V

whoa Atlas, my wintering days are over ;-), ron and i are in super-hot sunny california right now.  and our redeployment meeting was way back in february….so that HR paperwork is MIA. 
    V

To: antarcticmemories@groups.msn.com
    Subject: Re: collecting unemployment not through virginia
    Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:04:16 -0700

[font=Arial, size=4:rcan9pio]New Message on Antarctic memories[/font:rcan9pio]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:rcan9pio]collecting unemployment not through virginia[/font:rcan9pio]

antarcticmemories@groups.msn.com?subject=Re: collecting unemployment not through virginia
      atlascraig@hotmail.com?subject=Re: collecting unemployment not through virginia   [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif:rcan9pio]Recommend[/font:rcan9pio] Message 2 in Discussion
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:rcan9pio]From: [/font:rcan9pio][font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:rcan9pio]MightyAtlas[/font:rcan9pio]
    Yo, V —

This is the third time I’ve gone through VA for my unemployment, and have had absolutely no problems. 

HR has all the addresses you require.  It’s should be printed on the redeployment paperwork you’ll receive in what, eight more months? 

The addresses for Raytheon in OH and VA have something to do with where our Technical Services is headquartered, and where the checks get sent out of.  It’s all legit.

How’s the winter going?  Nice and quiet now?

a

View other groups in this category.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:rcan9pio]
    To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail Settings.

Need help? If you’ve forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member Services.
    For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you received this message by mistake, please click the “Remove” link below. On the pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click “Send”. Your e-mail address will be deleted from this group’s mailing list.
    antarcticmemories-remove@groups.msn.com

[/font:rcan9pio]

MightyAtlas

Ah, so sorry, V.

I just threw out that address info a few days ago, but I’ll see what I can come up with…

Okay, just went through three bags of trash, but couldn’t locate any of the info. 

I’d suggest contacting either the on-ice HR person (Karen), or someone in the Denver office (Cori?).

You all didn’t receive that info in your redeployment packet?  Or did you already toss it, too?

a

MightyAtlas

And if anyone else needs it…

[font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]Unemployment:  Claims may be filed in your home state or through the state of Virginia[/font:07j13enl]

·        [font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]Use the following address as your work location:[/font:07j13enl]

o   [font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]Raytheon Support Services[/font:07j13enl]

o   [font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]PO Box 1160[/font:07j13enl]

o   [font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]Columbus, OH  43216[/font:07j13enl]

o   [font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]800.688.8606[/font:07j13enl]

[font=Times New Roman:07j13enl] [/font:07j13enl]

[font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]Contact the state of Virginia at [/font:07j13enl]http://www.vec.virginia.gov [font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]or 866-832-2363  [/font:07j13enl]

[font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]While you are working in Antarctica, Raytheon Polar Services reports your wages through the state of Virginia.  This is due to the fact that RTSC is headquartered in Virginia.  You must tell the Unemployment office that your wages were reported in Virginia. [/font:07j13enl]

[font=Times New Roman:07j13enl]If the state of Virginia cannot find your wages, ask for a name and fax number. Call Denver HR and provide the name and fax of the person at the unemployment office and your wages will be faxed to that person. [/font:07j13enl]

Anyone working for NANA, the unemployment is through Colorado.  You still have to apply through the state umemployment agency (in this instance, Michigan).  I guess they have some kind of compatable(?) arrangement.  I draw checks through Michigan, but they get the unemployment through Colorado.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Hey Velvet.
    I think the previous year when I had income in California and Virginia, all I did was call California and give my ssn info and they were able to find all the information needed. This year I called them and they were able to see that the only income was in Virginia and I would have to apply there. I don’t think I gave the California office an address.

What part of CA are you in. I just got back from Ontario and am back with Lorie in Crescent City.
    Mike

Big V

fyi, everyone…so far so good–minnesota APPEARS, to be pretty easy as far as collecting goes.  but, i won’t be sure until i actually receive money….i’m in the waiting week right now.  thanks for all the tips! 
    p.s. mike, we’re in minnesota now.

To: Antarcticmemories@groups.msn.com
    Subject: Re: collecting unemployment not through virginia
    Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 20:41:47 -0700

[font=Arial, size=4:oixashxd]New Message on Antarctic memories[/font:oixashxd]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:oixashxd]collecting unemployment not through virginia[/font:oixashxd]

Antarcticmemories@groups.msn.com?subject=Re: collecting unemployment not through virginia
      [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif:oixashxd]Recommend[/font:oixashxd] Message 7 in Discussion
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:oixashxd]From: [/font:oixashxd][font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:oixashxd]thepooles98[/font:oixashxd]
    Hey Velvet.
    I think the previous year when I had income in California and Virginia, all I did was call California and give my ssn info and they were able to find all the information needed. This year I called them and they were able to see that the only income was in Virginia and I would have to apply there. I don’t think I gave the California office an address.

What part of CA are you in. I just got back from Ontario and am back with Lorie in Crescent City.
    Mike

View other groups in this category.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:oixashxd]
    To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail Settings.

Need help? If you’ve forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member Services.
    For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you received this message by mistake, please click the “Remove” link below. On the pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click “Send”. Your e-mail address will be deleted from this group’s mailing list.
    Antarcticmemories-remove@groups.msn.com

[/font:oixashxd]

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

So to summarize…

We live in CA or MN or WA, work for a subsidiary based in CO, get paid by a division in TX while employed by the parent company in OH, and report income from the offices in VA. But we never actually work in any of these states, rather on a distant continent — although we can’t declare that because it’s not considered a foreign country. However, if you happen to be working there on April 15th you can ask for an automatic extension to your tax due date because, by law, you’re not working in the United States.

It’s a work of art.

g

thepooles98
    Keymaster

And then throw in that your physical home, your mailing address, your storage unit and your AOD are all in different places as well.

Been_There

Hey can I get in on this unemployment deal!  
    BT

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Lose the bid.
    ;->

thepooles98
    Keymaster

BT
    If you are let go from work for cause, you are not eligible to collect.
    M

Been_There

Does saving your sanity count as a cause, cause that’s one reason I elected to retire? 

BT

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Nope, It doesn’t count. The unemployment higherups think the sane thing is for you to stay and work. If you quit, no payout. So the trick is to work,go insane, but have them lay you off because nobody wants to tackle the question of does working in frigid weather cause insanity.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.