Chapel of the Snows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bob_B5

Hello,

We sent some Bible lesson CD’s to the Chapel of the Snows earlier this year for those who worship at McMurdo Station but do not know if they got there.  Is there anyone there we could contact to find out?

Thank you,
    Bob Blackwell

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

When did you send them? There probably hasn’t been any mail in or out of the station since the beginning of March (the station is closed, no flights). If they were sent before then it’s possible they arrived.

glenn

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Yeah, pretty much everything mailed later than the middle of last february will still be sitting in Christchurch, waiting for the first flight at the end of August. Since there are no chaplains until October, they may hold the mail until then as well.
    Mike

Bob_B5

Hello Glenn,

We sent them around the middle of January from Morton, Illinois to an address in New Zealand.

Bob

Bob_B5

Mike,

Thank you for the information.  We weren’t sure if it would get there before everything closed up, but we thought we’d try.  Are you there now?

Bob

Bob_B5

[/font:sq72czg8]Glenn,

Now that October is nearly here, do you know who I could contact to see if our package got to Chapel of the Snows?

Thank you,
    Bob

thepooles98
    Keymaster

If you sent to an address in NZ you may have been sending them to one of the Catholic Priests that come down in the summer. Who did you send them to? The priests should be down in another few weeks. We can ask them. Repost around mid october.
    M

Bob_B5

Mike,

The address we were given was:

Chapel of the Snows
    McMurdo Station, Antarctica
    c/o US Post Office
    Christchurch Airport, New Zealand

Should we have used a different address?

Thank you,
    Bob

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Well it’s not exactly the correct address, but it mentions the US post office for the Antarctic program. It will probably get there, as almost everyone knows where the antarctic center is. My guess is that if it is there, it’s in a bag of mail waiting to arrive in the next month or so. When the priests get here I’ll try to show them this thread and they can contact you directly.

Bob_B5

Mike,

Thank you so much for your help.  Have a great day.

Bob

Bob_B5

Mike,

Hello again.  Do you know if the Chaplain’s have made it there yet to check the mail?

Thank you,
    Bob

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Bob, I gave the info to Father John H who was here for the first month. We have a new priest in now. I’ll pass it on again. They did say some stuff came in but I don’t know if it was yours or not.
    Mike

Bob_B5

Mike,

Thank you for your help.  May you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you,
    Bob

Bob_B5

Mike,

I’ve replied to both the Priest’s and your emails to my hotmail account.  Have you received them?

Thank you,
    Bob

thepooles98
    Keymaster

They should have received them and answered your mail.
    Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.