Blue Ribbon Panel Report

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Been There

This is and interesting read for sure…..http://www.nsf.gov/od/opp/usap_special_review/usap_brp/rpt/index.jsp

No major surprises as far as I am concerned. Will be interesting to see what happens.

BT

jpan18
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this! Interesting stuff!

I just posted this in another thread and then realized it was here. Some interesting stuff in there, for sure. Some parts are quite funny, especially when they describe the untenable working conditions in some work stations. The tone is just about as appalled as a professional government report can be.

My favorite bit: “The Panel visited one warehouse where some areas of the flooring would not support the weight of the lift truck, and it was said to be not unusual for lift trucks to break through floors while pulling items out of storage. Materials are stored in ways that professional warehousing operations would consider both inefficient and unsafe. Employees climb on top of multiple layers of pallets to retrieve materials…In addition, the vast majority of the current storage space is outside so that staff must look for materials in the snow,often spending hours to do so.”

Well, when you put it like that… 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.