Baggage charges

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    m0loch
    Keymaster

I know there was much discussion on this back in September…..can anyone who deployed this past fall comment on how baggage surcharges were handled?

Were you reimbursed for any applicable baggage charges? During my own redeployment briefing there was talk of coupons being issued that would be used to pay for any applicable baggage fees – has this happened?….guess I’ll be getting my very own travel brief next week anyhow, but just curious as to what actually has happened vs. what I will be told.

On a related note, has anyone been able to illicit any comment from an airline official about these baggage surcharges? After all, they were instituted when oil was $160/bbl and we were told they were to offset high fuel costs, now with oil less than 1/4 those prices I’m curious as to what they’re attributing these fees to now.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

I bet the airlines will continue to charge. At least until the competition starts offering free luggage again.

On the way down this year I didn’t have to pay a surcharge. I’m not sure why? All my Antarctic flying has earned me Platinium status with American. That might be why. The status has be good in other ways. I have a pool of upgrade credits, so I’ve been able to fly buisness class most every flight that isn’t transpacific.
    Mike

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.