Application

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hello, allǃ i applied to rps for a couple of different vehicle repair jobs that were open about 3 weeks ago, but the only things i had recieved back were verifications. i realize that this was too late for a summer contract, but if and when they do contact me on these applications what can i expectʔ does rps do their recruiting just before the season changeʔ what is the initiation likeʔ take care and stay warmǃ

Anonymous

thank you for the replyǃ yeah, i knew that it was way too late for a summer position this year, and i donʹt think that i would want to try a winter over on the first time there. i was basically interested in how their application process goes. do you have to do your own pq(getting physicals done locally)ʔ if they start interviewing 3-6 months ahead of the summer season, i would want to reapply between april and july, correctʔ is the job fair an online thing, or something that i would have to go toʔ again, thank you for the information, and take care on the ice.

Anonymous

@guru wrote:

do you have to do your own pq(getting physicals done locally)ʔ

for people who live in colorado itʹs often easiest to use the physicians and testing centers near the rpsc office — theyʹre familiar with the paperwork and they know the system. for all the rest of us, itʹs diy at our local docs and dentists. itʹs usually not much of a problem, but the blood and urine analyses have to be done ʹʹjust soʹʹ, and the mountain of forms and instructions often confuses clinic labs.@guru wrote:

if they start interviewing 3-6 months ahead of the summer season, i would want to reapply between april and july, correctʔ is the job fair an online thing, or something that i would have to go toʔ

yeah, your timeframe is correct.the job fair is usually held at a hotel somewhere in south denver in april or may; the date and location is announced on the company website (polar.org) a couple months in advance. you donʹt have to go to it, but itʹs a lot more effective than pitching applications and resumes into the rpsc black-hole from afar. the most persistent applicants (and often successful ones) fly in from all over the country just to flit around the job fair for a few minutes making contacts.

Anonymous

thanks, glennǃ i would probably get a family doctor to do the physical, blood/urine testing as they would be more apt to handle the paperwork. the job fair seems pretty doable since i can get reasonable flights from hawaiiǃ

Anonymous

april 8-9th 2005 centennial co -jobfair -rpsc

Anonymous

hmm, this is pretty late in the season… it takes so long to get processed that it might be near station close (february) before youʹd actually get to the ice.it would be unusual to hire someone now — unless they were winter-over positionsʔ hard to say whatʹs going on without more info. hiring is usually done 3-6 months ahead of time. if all you want is a summer position, it might be best to re-apply at the job fair next april or may.if they do contact you, it will likely be for a phone interview. theyʹll typically know within a few minutes of chatting whether they want to hire you. if so, theyʹll send you an offer letter, then the pq packet — masses of paperwork. this alone often scares people awayǃ if there is an ʹʹinitiationʹʹ, itʹs just that: the hiring process is difficult enough to weed out applicants who arenʹt serious.the pq process, getting physically qualified, can take weeks or months, depending on your situation and how aggressive you are about jumping through all the hoops. once you pass, they give you plane ticket and off you go. from there itʹs pretty much just another job, but in an interesting and exotic location.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Iceboard Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.