any way to get a head start?

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics any way to get a head start?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lauren

I live in Alaska, and there’s no way I can get to a job fair.  I am very qualified for the jobs that I applied for, however, it sounds like its a shot in the dark without going to a job fair.
    Is there anyone in HR to contact to follow up with applications?    I really want to get down to Antarctica, and I’m at a loss!

Its not that bad, I put my resume in over the net and never knew there was a job fair, next thing I was called and the process began. If you have the skills they desire then they shall see it. Just keep doing what you are doing and wait for the calls.

Hunter

Hey Lauren, don’t ever forget that, if you have the skills you say you do, Raytheon NEEDS you on the Ice. Apply for every single job that you have even remote interest in. Every (northern hemisphere) spring the HR folks at RPS have to wade through literally PILES of resumes and apps, so you may fall through the cracks, but keep after them. I’m an electrician and they always need those on the Ice, but it took us 3 seasons to get both me and my wife jobs. I wasn’t going without her and eventually they caved. She too has tons of skills, but you just gotta get them to look your way somehow…. Another thing to remember, they have like a 60% turnover. Yikes, that’s a lot. ANOTHER thing to remember is what your mother told you: Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it! Good luck, Hunter

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Lauren, there is no harm in calling the company and asking. Who knows maybe they will put you through to someone that will talk to you.
    mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.