Any info on being a GA??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

so i now might be being considered for a ga position and i was just wondering if anyone could supply me with any feedback about what all the job might entail in the winter. would love to hear from you allǃǃthanksǃǃǃ

Anonymous

hi karkar,still hanging in thereʔ good on yaʹǃi donʹt know exactly what youʹd be doing as a ga (by definition gas do a lot of different stuff) but i do know that a lot of gas like their jobs. i would prefer it over da.glenn

Anonymous

i would imagine the sarcastically funny descriptions found on bdp are likely accurate. not a handymany but 100% gopher.i just got an email about that too although i donʹt presently recall applying for a ga position. iʹll see what they want and politely decline if itʹs just for the end of the summer. might consider it if its a winter contract—but unless they were willing to make special concessions, iʹll not even be able to take that. even though i want nothing more on the ice than continual winter contracts.glenn, remember all that about me being burnt out up hereʔ well, irony is paying a visit. iʹm recently finding myself entering site management and quitting now for that coveted winter contract–regardless that itʹs a ga slot–well, i just donʹt know.but then, it just came about today so iʹll be thinking about this for a while to come.

Anonymous

jim,if you actually get a position for this coming winter be sure to stop by and say hello. ask glen were to find me, he knows.been there

Anonymous

@been there wrote:

if you actually get a position for this coming winter be sure to stop by and say hello.

deal <ǃ-- s:) -->ʹʹ:)ʹʹ<ǃ-- s:) -->

Anonymous

bagdad jim,do you know which department is considering hiring you as a gaʔ the job varies depending on which dept you work for. being a ga is nice, no stress – you just do the job and go home at the end of day, and let the higher ups deal with the stress. and thereʹs always a great variety, you never know where youʹll end up working for the day. i loved being a ga, it was the most fun iʹve had in a job down here yet. but again, it really depends on which dept hires you… anyway, itʹs the best of the entry level jobs (ga, da & janitor).good luck – zondra

Anonymous

zondra, nope…dunno which dept yet…still waiting on a reply but seeing as how thereʹs one more business day in co…weʹll see. like always, i get on here and post as the slightest quiver of a prospect; albeit a 5 month hiatus.ya know, i havenʹt been to your site in about as long, think iʹll check it out in a few.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Iceboard Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.