Another Hiring Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    will
    Keymaster

Hi guys, first time poster, long time reader.

I’ve been applying for jobs on the ice for some time, finally got a bite, and I’ve been “In Review” for about a month now. Also, after four months of accepting applications, the job I applied for is no longer taking them. Does this indicate that interview/hiring decisions will be made in the near future?

Thanks in advance!

-IReallyHopeIGetAJob

sorefeets

hi all. sorefeets shapiro here- summer 1994-95; wo 1995 with asa- ed holt and tom carver in the galley as a da. trying to go back the last couple of years. had an interview this year for vehicle operator but no dice.  by the way the best book about the fictional idea of antarctica is “the birth of the people’s republic of antarctica’ by john calvin batchelor. any old(er) timers out there? been reading the posts for several years but this is my first post.

Dean “Sorefeets” Shapiro

To: Antarcticmemories@groups.msn.com
    Subject: Another Hiring Question
    Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:11:08 -0700

[font=Arial,:fqlc5buh]New Message on Antarctic memories[/font:fqlc5buh]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:fqlc5buh]Another Hiring Question[/font:fqlc5buh]

Antarcticmemories@groups.msn.com?subject=Re:%20Another%20Hiring%20Question
      [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif:fqlc5buh]Recommend[/font:fqlc5buh] Message 1 in Discussion
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:fqlc5buh]From: [/font:fqlc5buh] [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:fqlc5buh]IReallyHopeIGetAJob[/font:fqlc5buh]
    Hi guys, first time poster, long time reader.

I’ve been applying for jobs on the ice for some time, finally got a bite, and I’ve been “In Review” for about a month now. Also, after four months of accepting applications, the job I applied for is no longer taking them. Does this indicate that interview/hiring decisions will be made in the near future?

Thanks in advance!

-IReallyHopeIGetAJob

View other groups in this category.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:fqlc5buh]
    To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail Settings.

Need help? If you’ve forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member Services.
    For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you received this message by mistake, please click the “Remove” link below. On the pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click “Send”. Your e-mail address will be deleted from this group’s mailing list.
    Antarcticmemories-remove@groups.msn.com [/font:fqlc5buh]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif:fqlc5buh][/font:fqlc5buh]

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Hi sorefeets- welcome to the discussion boards. We hope to see you here for awhile. Good luck on getting rehired?  Did you apply for DA again?

IRHIGAJ
    The process of getting hired, changed this year, it’s all electronic and nobody is really sure what any of this means.
    Somebody did mention that after 50 applications are received they close the position until they have gone through the stack. This is little help to you, I know, but hang in there.
    M

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.