alcohol?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    will
    Keymaster

I was wanting to bring a couple of bottle of very good Scotch down for the holidays. I was going to purchase them in Christchurch and pack them carefully in my hold baggage. However I do not want to get into any sort of trouble. Is this OK to do?

m0loch
    Keymaster

You didn’t specify which station you’re going to….
    It is permissible to do what you speak of ONLY if flying to Pole…and, immediately upon your arrival at Pole you must surrender the bottles of fine scotch to the wild-eyed, feral, beastly looking man who is eagerly awaiting your de-planeing.

In all seriousness, I am unaware of anything prohibiting transport of liquor in your checked luggage, and the practice is quite common.

Ahh…the good ol’ days prior to the ban on liquids

will
    Keymaster

Sorry. Going to McMurdo. LOL!..wild-eyed and beastly. Thanks! With the hard liquor ban at the Ship’s Store I thought I needed to take care of myself…not that you could ever buy fine scotch there anyway.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Yes, you can bring it down in your luggage or hand carry. In luggage the weight goes against your 75 lb limit.
    M

m0loch
    Keymaster

hand-carry Mike? Are you sure?

thepooles98
    Keymaster

at the clothing issue today, the subject came up. The movie said no, but Mike the head of the cdc, said it was OK.

will
    Keymaster

Wow! That’s great! If Mike from CDC said it then we know it really is OK. I am a bit surprised. I figured NSF was going to be a real hard a%$ on that subject.

Been_There

I think all the Hard Asses at NSF have retired.  
    BT

thepooles98
    Keymaster

As explained in Denver, the decision to cut hard alcohol sales was that there wasn’t enough money to buy more stock this year. They had a couple of years supply on hand if they limited sales to the bars.
    To prevent a black market environment, the ANG will not be allowed to fly down stocks, however any of us are allowed to hand carry down personal supplies.

That’s the word as I understood it.
    M

BoulderGeek

Hey! I AM that wild-eyed feral Polie!

I resemble that remark, as do the other 59 abandoned souls at this outpost.

Ready, ready, ready for some ChCh time!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.