after all that

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

interestingly, the guy who was hired instead of me (cf. the ʹʹpity meʹʹ thread) didnʹt work out. the upshot is that i got the jobǃ now the road trip from sf to denver doesnʹt seem as pointless as it did not too long ago.once again, thanks for the lack of pity and excess of support. based on last yearʹs experience, i called this week, knowing that things can get shaken up right before everyone leaves. sure enough, they came through.it was almost going to be a dark winter for me here. my roomate randomly (and at the last minute too) got accepted for the 13-month pole contract he wanted, but thought he would never get.so, to all who gave encouraging words and advice, thanks again.

Anonymous

congratulationsǃ somehow it all works out, ehʔ <ǃ-- s8) -->ʹʹ8)ʹʹ<ǃ-- s8) -->

Anonymous

we say it time and time again. that at the last minute people drop out and leave the program scrambling. if you can leave at a moments notice you increase your odds of getting a job here. good luck drop john. iʹm in mcm till the 17th of oct then returning around the 20th of jan. iʹm in 121 electrical supply. stop by and see me. mike

Anonymous

thanks. iʹm actually scheduled to arive on the 17th, but perhaps iʹll look you up in january.

Anonymous

itʹs not just contract employees that get a change in plans at the last minute. looks like i will be on my way to mcmurdo some time next week. was planning on a trip to palmer this season but itʹs not to be.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Iceboard Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.