Working with Grantees/Jobs with Science Projects

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics Working with Grantees/Jobs with Science Projects

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sciencetech 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Teddy Cricket
    Participant

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a place where grantees post employment opportunities? Or at the least is there a place where one can find all of the science projects and project leads who will be working on the ice in the upcoming season so that one could contact them directly. I realize that most of the people working for PI’s are grad students, but I do know that every now and then they hire field techs from outside their university or institution.

I worked on the ice for a couple of years through Raytheon, but have gone on to get my master’s degree in Zoology. I’d love to work on the ice again, but sadly advanced degrees in the natural sciences don’t help with many of the requirements for contractor jobs.

Cheers!

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Hi.

AFAIK there is no central place to find grantee positions. Openings are handled individually by the PIs and their institutions.

The NSF Office of Polar Programs web site will have a list of the active grants. It might take some searching to find what you’re looking for.

For contractor jobs, your zoology degree might be useful for applying to assistant lab supervisor (lab operations) jobs through Lockheed.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.