USAP Antarctic Employment Information

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics USAP Antarctic Employment Information

This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  walterjayg 4 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

spidey
    Participant

So this past year was sort of a pass for me, didn’t know quite what to do at what time, though I at least tried to send something in on what I saw.
    Please let us know if anything close to the March 3rd dump of open open positions at midnight is coming this time around.
    Thanks!
    -Pete

skua77
    Keymaster

I finally got around to updating and publicly sharing my page about how to locate and apply for Antarctic jobs. Much of the information came from or references to this message board, but you never know. I’ll try and keep the various search links and instructions updated as the hiring season progresses. http://southpolestation.com/trivia/ncs/jobs.html

yosemitebob

I’ve contacted you before and am still waiting to hear back from Gana-A’Yoo. And thanks for all your advice.
    Question: I have been a Commercial Tour Bus driver nationwide since 1985. Currently in and around Yosemite National Park. Who do I contact regarding driving the Terra Bus. And how sought after is that job?

Thanks,

Bob

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

You’d drive a lot of different shuttles, not just the Terra Bus. My guess is that’s it’s probably very competitive, although that shouldn’t stop you from applying.

This is probably the job you’re thinking of:
    https://careers-pae.icims.com/jobs/3895/large-passenger-vehicle-operator/job

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Ditto Bob
    The terrabus is just one of many passenger vehicles on the ice, with new ones being added each year. If you get hired plan on being a multivehicle driver. There are also shuttle van drives who drive a taxi service around town. You could end up in one of those as well.

yosemitebob

Thanks for the Terra Bus information, as well as letting me know about the taxis and shuttles. It doesn’t matter what I drive, just let me be part of the experience.

Robert

Question: Anybody seen Yosemitebob? Answer: Last I saw of him he was driving North. Ha!

j_parker

Hello all,

I put in with PAE back in the late Spring (1st time to apply) and I have been in the “Under Review” status for many weeks with no contact or inquiries from the company. Is it safe to assume that by now the primary positions will have been filled? I seem to recall that they work to have people identified for each position within 8 weeks of deployment.

Thanks, JP

walterjayg

Looking for Antarctic employment. Any. Professional skills: geophys degree and experienced seismic data processing; comptroller financial data and bookkeeping; years of overseas postings so able to be away for long periods of time.

Walterjayg
    walterjayg@gmail.com (personal email if desired)

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.