How far are you in the process?

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics How far are you in the process?

This topic contains 788 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mineobile 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 781 through 790 (of 790 total)
  • Author

cannonball

I’m TDY in the office, ticketed to head south on the 13th with orientation starting the 11th. STOKED. Shipped down 8 cans of fiber powder, that should last the year.
    -Nate

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

@cannonball wrote:

Shipped down 8 cans of fiber powder, that should last the year.

Dude! I thought I was the only one who did that (I never advertised it). Good on ya. Or maybe, good out of ya.
    😀

For other readers… The meals can be great, but the roughage is often limited. Fiber supplements are a good idea for some of us.

cannonball

People can be a bit prudish in matters related to the toilet. It’s a long season, I like to make sure I have that one important daily situation working as well as possible. If you can have a good poop every day, you’re doing okay. With the limited showers I can’t say enough about the moist flushable butt wipes, they can tidy up the pits too in a pinch. I should perhaps put this in another thread. Cheers.
    -Nate

Mradyfist

I just finished up TDY in Denver, tomorrow I have a day to sit back and relax, although unfortunately without any per diem beyond my hotel room so I’ll be eating cheap. Sunday I go in for orientation, and Monday I fly to CHC and on to MCM. Kind of unbelievable that this will be my third year; I started this thread when I was still waiting for an interview for my first year.

linglinrtw

Im at McMurdo now.. accessing the web via 155’s computer lab 🙂

mineobile

I see this thread is a few years old but maybe someone still looks at it. I just received my flight information and information for when I land in NZ. One thing I noticed, now it might be something that has changed in the past few years. But I have a 35 min. layover in Denver instead of staying a day like what my searches have shown. Is this now the normal since contracts have changed? Look forward to meeting everyone.

Sciencetech
    Keymaster

Only 35 min?? Uh, that seems short. You sure about that? I’d talk with the travel folks… you may need more time between flights.

I don’t know if they’re doing orientation in Denver or not; Palmer is, but Mactown/Pole may be doing it differently these days.

mineobile

I land in Denver the 30th at 4:45p.m. and then leave at 5:20 p.m. on the 30th. I’ll contact them about it and make sure thats right. I haven’t had to deal with layovers before with flights so this would be a first for me, which makes me nervous. Thanks for the response.

Blueangels5

Hey mineobile, good to see you on these forums. I also had a question, seeing as the thread necromancy already took place…

When should a pole bound person be seeing tickets? I understand a lot of McM bound people had already received their tickets. I also know that the first LC-130 flight to Pole is scheduled for Nov. 1st, with a few basler flights possibly on the 25th-27th. I don’t know how LM run things, but I am to understand that there is no longer orientation in Denver? I guestimated my flight from my AOD to be around the 22nd, any input on when one should start being concerned with the lack of tickets?

Thanks, and I’ll see whoever is going this year soon enough.

skua77
    Keymaster

Generally these days there isn’t any orientation in Denver these days, unless you’re wintering at Pole or unless your job requires some specialized training at the Denver office.

If you haven’t heard anything about your tickets, there’s no harm in asking about when you will get them. People HAVE been forgotten…

Viewing 10 posts - 781 through 790 (of 790 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.