How far are you in the process?

Antarctica Forums Forums Antarctic Memories Message Board Discussion topics How far are you in the process?

This topic contains 788 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mineobile 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 790 total)
  • Author

trumpetguy25

Holy crap…

I just noticed my status is an OAE. Wow…I feel special, now. 😀

-Brandon

nstock

Just got ticketed yesterday: leaving for Denver Oct 1st, looks like I’m on-ice the 7th or 8th. This’ll be my first time there and I’m looking forward to the experience immensely!

thepooles98
    Keymaster

We’ll all be family before you know it.
    Brandon, are you going back as dispatcher?

Josh

Just got ticketed, flying to Denver on the 5th

Mradyfist

I’m also flying into Denver on the 5th for TDY, so assuming that they use the same crappy shuttle company as last year there’s a good chance that I’ll run into you on the shuttle.

kmsdo

@nstock wrote:

Just got ticketed yesterday: leaving for Denver Oct 1st, looks like I’m on-ice the 7th or 8th. This’ll be my first time there and I’m looking forward to the experience immensely!

I am leaving on October 1st too – can’t wait.

MATKATAMIBA

@mradyfist wrote:

I’m also flying into Denver on the 5th for TDY, so assuming that they use the same crappy shuttle company as last year there’s a good chance that I’ll run into you on the shuttle.

Good news. They got rid of that shuttle service! They now use the hotels’ shuttle services to get people around.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Medford, oregon today for the airflight at 5am tomorrow to Baltimore. Flying to denver on the 4th. Here we go.

Been There

Taking a round about route to get to Denver from California aren’t you Mike? 😀

Safe travels.

BT

Josh

Flying to Denver from Medford on the 5th here, see you there

@thepooles98 wrote:

Medford, oregon today for the airflight at 5am tomorrow to Baltimore. Flying to denver on the 4th. Here we go.

Mradyfist

@matkatamiba wrote:

@mradyfist wrote:

Good news. They got rid of that shuttle service! They now use the hotels’ shuttle services to get people around.

Oh thank god. I remember my first year, I got on the shuttle and everybody was complaining about the driver. I wasn’t sure why, until they explained that he’d just been driving around with them in the back for hours waiting for my flight to arrive, so he wouldn’t have to make two trips out to the airport.

MATKATAMIBA

@mradyfist wrote:

Oh thank god. I remember my first year, I got on the shuttle and everybody was complaining about the driver. I wasn’t sure why, until they explained that he’d just been driving around with them in the back for hours waiting for my flight to arrive, so he wouldn’t have to make two trips out to the airport.

And their dispatcher always said “15-minutes” whenever you called to see when a shuttle could pick you up – even when they knew it would be an hour and a half. They just wanted you waiting out on the island so they wouldn’t have to wait for you. That was annoying in summer, but damned cold in January.

skua77
    Keymaster

@mradyfist wrote:

@matkatamiba wrote:

@mradyfist wrote:

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. When I went out to the island the shuttle was waiting…for me. Full of people who had been sitting there for QUITE a while.

And then I (the only ice person on board) got the usual grand tour of metropolitan Denver before being taken to my hotel.

I always wondered if one of my drivers was the shuttle driver they later arrested on that plot to bomb the New York City subways.

thepooles98
    Keymaster

One year the shuttle had a cracked windshield and halfway to town it started to rain. The wipers didn’t work. Crazy.
    Dave, looks like I’ll be at the Red Lion on Tuesday Night if you are in town

thepooles98
    Keymaster

Here we go. I’m sitting in the Baltimore airport waiting on noon flight to Chicago and on to Denver. Should be at the Red Lion tonight by about 7pm if all goes well.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 790 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.